*Lovely* service

Old Feb 7, 10, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
*Lovely* service

Wow... I sure hope my first experience was a fluke.

To begin, I needed to change my return flight. The first agent I talked with put me on hold. 45 mins later, I decided to call from the hotel phone as well as I was still on hold. That call took 40 mins.

Then I called back tonight to see if my drivers license was found. I was told, that I would have to go to the ticket counter and check. Only problem is, that I'm home now! This agent said the only way to check was to go back to Austin in person and ask.

Please tell me that this isn't normal SOP? Does it really take 100 mins to change a reservation? Is the only possible way to call lost and found is to go back to the airport that you flew out from?
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:13 am

When did you call? If in the last day or two, I would guess the res. lines were backed up due to east coast weather rebookings.

As to the lost and found issue, call 1-800-265-5505 and then press 2 and then 4 to reach central L & F.

Last edited by myleguy; Feb 7, 10 at 9:19 am
Old Feb 7, 10, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by myleguy View Post
When did you call? If in the last day or two, I would guess the res. lines were backed up due to east coast weather rebookings.

As to the lost and found issue, call 1-800-265-5505 and then press 2 and then 4 to reach central L & F.
I called on Tuesday. It took 20 mins to get ahold of anyone. The first person I talked to put me on old for about 45 mins. I then called in on a second line while still on hold with the first.

Search this Thread