Nice F9 experience

Old Jan 15, 10, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K, Avis First, Marriot PP, SPG GLD
Nice F9 experience

On my way back to DEN from SAN, I had the early flight (6:25am). They call preboarding for ascent/summit, I hand the GA my boarding pass and start walking down the jetway. I'm maybe 15 feet down the jetway and the GA comes running after me (literally!) saying "Sir, sir, would like to be upgraded to the extra legroom seating". Would I? Certainly! <my current seat was 6D>

Now granted I am a summit member and summit's are supposed to be able to upgrade to the extra legroom seating if the space is available, but when I checked in online, those seats were all marked as full. Of course, there was nobody in them at all, guess the web page was wrong. Regardless, it was nice that the GA came after me after I was already on my way to the plane to give one of their elites the opportunity for a better seat. It was a nice touch Now if they'd just improve their blackout dates for using mileage...

Too bad the plane didn't actually have the extra legroom seating that it was supposed to have. On the upside, I did have the entire row to myself
Old Jan 21, 10, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Glad to hear that you had a good F9 experience! I have always stuck with F9 due to the "little things" they do.. One time in Orlando a few years ago, a TA checked in our family, even though only one of us was at the ticket counter... Pretty cool to have BP's waiting for you when you get to the summit line..
Old Jan 22, 10, 12:58 am

Sound like you had a good experiance. I have always had good experiance with F9, even with delays, they are nice and great to deal with.

Search this Thread