Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

I just couldn't resist adding this one.

http://promotions.mardenkane.com/cbs/cbscares/

Welcome to the CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes!

This is an actual sweepstakes and, if you are the grand prize winner, we will fly you and a companion to New York where you will receive a free colonoscopy. You will also be given three nights' accommodation in a suite at the luxurious Loews Regency Hotel, which will include the night before you are "awarded" the colonoscopy.

What should you expect if you are the lucky winner?

The hardest part is the preparation the night before when you drink a laxative. This laxative is well known for declaring itself at the very moment you have called a relative or friend (or room service) to comment that it does not seem to be working. But hang in, because it's important to have a clear colon for the screening and the fun part is about to begin --

The colonoscopy at the Center for Specialty Care will be done by Dr. Paul Miskovitz -- a leading gastro-enterologist in New York City and expert on colorectal cancer. When the colonoscopy is about to begin, you'll be given drugs which will make you feel like you're at Woodstock... only without the music. If you start to believe that you actually are at Woodstock (for example, Dr. Miskovitz starts to look like Jimi Hendrix or you feel inclined to say "far out!" in response to questions), please report the side effect to Dr. Miskovitz or Jimi Hendrix (whomever you see first) immediately.

For the rest, please read the rules* for this sweepstakes carefully and consult with your physician before entering. You will need to answer the true or false questions to qualify for entry -- but please don't worry if you get any wrong, because you'll be part of the sweepstakes draw anyway!

And please take the time to click on the link and read our interview with our expert, Dr. Miskovitz, on colorectal cancer or visit the website of the National Cancer Institute (www.cancer.gov/colon). With proper screenings, colorectal cancers can often be avoided. And, if caught early, they are usually easily treatable.

We wish you good health, and best of luck with your entry!

The CBS Cares Team
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Sounds like a Royal PITA.

Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Back by Popular Demand! 3/31/12 dl/50 states+DC/ages 40-79

One (1) Grand Prize: A 4-Day/3-Night trip to New York, NY and a Colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner. Prize consists of round-trip coach air transportation for grand prize winner and guest to New York, NY from a single major U.S. airport nearest the prize winner's home, double occupancy deluxe hotel accommodations for three (3) nights, a colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner only and $500 cash. Estimated retail value of the grand prize is $9,500.

http://promotions.mardenkane.com/cbs/cbscares12/
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sorry, I already gave at the orifice...
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by bob12403
One (1) Grand Prize: A 4-Day/3-Night trip to New York, NY and a Colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner. Prize consists of round-trip coach air transportation for grand prize winner and guest to New York, NY from a single major U.S. airport nearest the prize winner's home, double occupancy deluxe hotel accommodations for three (3) nights, a colonoscopy procedure for the grand prize winner only and $500 cash. Estimated retail value of the grand prize is $9,500.

http://promotions.mardenkane.com/cbs/cbscares12/
What happens if you accidentally miss the colonoscopy part of this "adventure?"

Just imagine the pleasure of heading on the trans-con flight back home with some GoLytely still onboard.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Worst mileage run ever
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Just imagine the pleasure of heading on the trans-con flight back home with some GoLytely still onboard.
From what I've been told, it's unlikely one would even be able to leave home after consuming this.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
When my GF saw a promo for this on CBS she laughed for 30 minutes straight. I gotta say, it's a nice idea, if CBS really "cares". Why not use a contest to cleverly publicize and important issue?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Besides the usual employees & family of CBS employees are not eligible, the following are not as well:

Persons who have had a colonoscopy within the past twelve months or with prosthetic heart valves, dialysis patients, persons with implanted defibrillators, persons taking Warfarin or Plavix® (or any anticoagulation therapy), persons with sleep apnea, persons with a past medical history of multiple drug allergies, persons with serious and/or other significant ongoing medical problems that might/would require medical attention (cardiology, nephrology, pulmonary, neurology) while visiting NYC and prepping for the procedure are not eligible to win the colonoscopy procedure. Other medical conditions may disqualify an entrant from accepting the colonoscopy procedure. Final medical eligibility of the medical procedure portion of the prize is determined on an individual basis at the sole discretion of Sponsor in consultation with Sponsor-selected medical professionals. Should it be de determined that the colonoscopy portion of the prize is ultimately not medically appropriate by Sponsor-selected medical professionals during the required medical consultation in New York, NY, the winner will receive the grand prize trip to New York City minus the colonoscopy procedure. Void where prohibited by law.

On a dif note, if you click on the sweeps page, the copy writer is pretty funny.

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just entered.

Seriously, I think it's great that CBS wants to raise awareness about colonoscopies. I've had them and, though not the most pleasant procedure in the world (particularly the night before), colorectal cancer is far, far worse.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 7:50 am

Ozzie pushed Sharon into getting one, and they found she had cancer. She's doing fine now, and kudos to both of them for publicizing this.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I did too.

Originally Posted by PTravel
I just entered.

Seriously, I think it's great that CBS wants to raise awareness about colonoscopies. I've had them and, though not the most pleasant procedure in the world (particularly the night before), colorectal cancer is far, far worse.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
A friend of mine has colorectal cancer and has been promoting awareness, so just tweeted him about this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.