Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who has won anything from FT contests? A show of hands please.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by hiharts
That's awesome! Where have you gone?? Do you submit a certain number of entries each week? Do you spend a lot of time?
TLC channel recently ran a show called High Stakes Sweepers answering many of your questions. I don't have a link readily available, but you can google it.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by twobyte
Entering contests can be a good hobby. In the last 3 years I have won 10 trips.

Twobyte
Wow! Are those local contests, mail-in, or internet? I never seem to win anything.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by hiharts
That's awesome! Where have you gone?? Do you submit a certain number of entries each week? Do you spend a lot of time?
Originally Posted by bpo26c
Wow! Are those local contests, mail-in, or internet? I never seem to win anything.

As Sharon says, this thread is for posting wins, not for asking how it's done. I would recommend one of you start a thread under the sticky "Sweepstakes Resources" where we can all pile in without dragging this particular thread further OT.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
As Sharon says, this thread is for posting wins, not for asking how it's done. I would recommend one of you start a thread under the sticky "Sweepstakes Resources" where we can all pile in without dragging this particular thread further OT.
Will do..Sorry.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
It wasn't from Flyertalk (though this forum has been inspirational), but I was just notified that I won a trip to Paris! Specifically, a four (4) days and three (3) nights trip for two (2) to Paris, France including:

· Two (2) Coach Roundtrip Airfares from the commercial airport closest to winner’s residence to Paris, France;
· One (1) Hotel Room for three (3) nights (standard, double occupancy) in Paris, France;
· Meal and Transportation for four (4) days, valued at Six Hundred U.S. Dollars $600.00/day;
· Entertainment allowance valued at Two Thousand U.S. Dollars ($2,000.00).

The sponsor was Remy Martin. Any thoughts on the quality of hotels that these types of sweepstakes normally spring for? I'm amazed at the meal & transportation allowance.

The T&C specifically state that no frequent flyer miles may be earned on the flights.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:34 pm

Smile Congratulations!

I have never been disappointed with the hotel or the food allowance from a win. Just read what the win covers. One of my wins it didn't say the food would be covered. We had two of the grand kids with us and the second morning they picked all the tabs for the food too. Love that Mt Gay Rum contest!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It varies by person, so if interested just PM them to see if they'd be willing to share their methods.

We should keep this thread on reports of wins.

Cheers.
I'm very new to FT but I'm kind of surprised to see this response. I mean, isn't this what FT is all about, sharing information? I'd be very interested to read in someone's post of their big win, how they won. (i.e, how many entries, hoops to jump through, etc.).
Old Nov 20, 2011, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemiana
I'm very new to FT but I'm kind of surprised to see this response. I mean, isn't this what FT is all about, sharing information? I'd be very interested to read in someone's post of their big win, how they won. (i.e, how many entries, hoops to jump through, etc.).
Welcome to FT, Bohemiana. Glad to have you.

The "Who has won anything from FT contests?" thread was never intended to be a primer on how to win contests, but rather a place where folks could report their latest wins without having to start a whole new thread on the main board. If you look at the stickies at the beginning of the board, there is quite a bit of information shared there, although perhaps not the kind you are looking for. Most of the winners here will tell you there is no magic formula to winning except persistance and sheer dumb luck.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:31 pm

I just got notification that I won a 3-day trip for 2 to NYC, including r/t airfare, hotel, 2 tix to the NFL draft (meh), and $1,000.00 in spending cash.

Pretty sweet! Thanks to Frenchie Flyer for posting the giveaway here on FT!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by WanderLuster
I just got notification that I won a 3-day trip for 2 to NYC, including r/t airfare, hotel, 2 tix to the NFL draft (meh), and $1,000.00 in spending cash.

Pretty sweet! Thanks to Frenchie Flyer for posting the giveaway here on FT!
Congrats! Very cool.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta, US Airways, Continental, HHonors
congrats wanderluster and enfuego!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest, EVA
Won something, not travel

Using the links from the other threads, I also enter for cash prizes. Just won a set of cookware from Rachael Ray ($25k contest) worth $150-200. Not the First class trip for six to Greece from here that I was hoping for, but it keeps us going, doesn't it?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by adventuresome
Using the links from the other threads, I also enter for cash prizes. Just won a set of cookware from Rachael Ray ($25k contest) worth $150-200. Not the First class trip for six to Greece from here that I was hoping for, but it keeps us going, doesn't it?
It certainly does! And congratulations on the cookware. ^
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
I've been reading FlyerTalk for ten years or more and never checked this forum out. It will be fun getting caught up. Anyway - I won 110,000 Hyatt points (enought for five nights at their top properties) in a drawing by Passports with Purpose. I'm going to spend two nights at the Park Hyatt Tokyo the weekend of 2/18!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Congrats! Very cool.
Congrats to WanderLuster! Glad you had the winning entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.