Wiki Posts
Search

CDG and RER-train

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 12:51 am
Original Poster

CDG and RER-train

Hi,
In trying to meet a friend who is arriving in CDG in a few days. I'll be coming in from downtown Paris to meet them. is it generally easy/frequent to get from the RER CDG1 station to Terminal 1? How does Terminal 1 look right now with the construction, and for any given airline, is the arrival exit point obvious and unique (i.e. when they exit immigration/baggage claim/customs, is there only one possible place they would be exiting?)

I ask because they don't have a mobile phone... Thanks...

Last edited by dheera; May 29, 2007 at 12:56 am
Old May 29, 2007, 11:10 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving to FT Paris Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 29, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
From the train station, get on the CDG VAL to Terminal 1. It is free and reasonably well marked.

I only walked through the T1 area briefly, but it looked like it was pretty clearly marked. You should have no problems.
Old May 29, 2007, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't find T1 arrival exit locations very clearly marked, at least from the inside. Which exit from baggage claim is open seems to vary whenever I've been there, with only one rule applicable: it's exactly 180 degrees around the building from where I pick up my bag!
Old May 29, 2007, 5:43 pm

All of my sxits from baggage claim in T1 have been all the way to the left (as you face the roadway outside) for over a year now. I would plan to meet there, but pick an outside exit door-say door 28-to meet a bit later as a fallback.

I would also consider going to CDG on one of the Air France buses-available for about 20E round trip to anyone-rather than the RER. They will take you right to the door or T1 with no transfer at CDG needed.
Old May 30, 2007, 1:07 am
iff

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
All of my sxits from baggage claim in T1 have been all the way to the left (as you face the roadway outside) for over a year now. I would plan to meet there, but pick an outside exit door-say door 28-to meet a bit later as a fallback.

I would also consider going to CDG on one of the Air France buses-available for about 20E round trip to anyone-rather than the RER. They will take you right to the door or T1 with no transfer at CDG needed.
Yes, I always seem to exit at that same place--near door 34, if I recall correctly.

Roissybus is another option, running between Opera and CDG terminals 1, 2, and 3 for 8.50 euros one way. (For reference, the one-way RER fare is 8.10 euros.)
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I would take the RER. there is now a new fast train from RER stop to Term 1. Takes 2 minutes. Everybody coming from US exits at same exit so easy to find them. Construction as of a month ago is not too bad just keeps you from making a loop around.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I would take the RER. there is now a new fast train from RER stop to Term 1. Takes 2 minutes. Everybody coming from US exits at same exit so easy to find them. Construction as of a month ago is not too bad just keeps you from making a loop around.
Can I buy Paris Visite Pass at the RER stop at CDG Terminal 1?

(I'll fly United to CDG, Term 1?)
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992

You can buy it at any RER or metro stop including CDG.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold

You will have to buy it from a ticket counter at CDG (in the Gare). The machines don't sell them (or didn't in T2). 16.70 Euro, IIRC.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 7:15 pm
iff

Originally Posted by etch5895
You will have to buy it from a ticket counter at CDG (in the Gare). The machines don't sell them (or didn't in T2). 16.70 Euro, IIRC.
17.05 right now for Paris Visite 1-day pass, zones 1-5. As of July 1 all fares will be going up about 1.8%. I don't recall ever seeing them in machines, either.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 7:00 am

There is no RER stop at Terminal 1, which is where UA operates. You have to go to Terminal 2.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
There is no RER stop at Terminal 1, which is where UA operates. You have to go to Terminal 2.
This is not exactly correct. There are two RER stops at CDG. There is one at Terminal Two which is walkable from some of the sub-terminals but not all.

The RER stop that is labeled Terminal 1 is near but not at Terminal 1. It is directly connected to the Terminal by the CDGVal airport driverless train service as etch5895 has indicated. You do not have to go to Terminal 2.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
This is not exactly correct. There are two RER stops at CDG. There is one at Terminal Two which is walkable from some of the sub-terminals but not all.

The RER stop that is labeled Terminal 1 is near but not at Terminal 1. It is directly connected to the Terminal by the CDGVal airport driverless train service as etch5895 has indicated. You do not have to go to Terminal 2.
okay let me clarify this:

After I get off UA at CDG Term 1, do I need to go to Term 2 RER Station to buy Paris Visite cards or will Term 1 RER Stop sell them?

I'm somewhat confused. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 1:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
okay let me clarify this:

After I get off UA at CDG Term 1, do I need to go to Term 2 RER Station to buy Paris Visite cards or will Term 1 RER Stop sell them?
T2 RER station has a large staffed ticket office, and sells all kinds of tickets, definitely can get Visite card there. It is possible that the T1 RER station, which has a much smaller ticket office, might not sell it (probably it does, but I have never been there as I don't ever fly into T1 at CDG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.