Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Has anyone stayed at the Sofitel CDG Roissy on the Executive floor? Was wondering what the difference is in the rooms and if there is a lounge. Cost difference is about 35 euros more a night than the "classic" room which is the bottom of the barrel.

I wish Sofitel would add room category descriptions to their web site!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by sushibear
I stayed there this summer and would agree with your evaluation.
We stayed at the IBIS a year ago after our flight from PRG was delayed for 8 hours. Got into CDG about 10 p.m. and booked a room; paid a little extra for a WiFi card (orange, about €8 for 24 hours, I still had a connection in the terminal the next day). It was clean, we got a late dinner at the restaurant; room was small, furniture was lightweight, but that was fine; we got a decent sleep after a very long day.

It's right at the first CDG RER stop.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:19 pm

Programs: QF BA
CDG for a night

Cheaper than hotels - CDG Just line all the hotels up here and go through the last minute offers that these hotels put up that look good to you. You can sort your preferences with the column filters. Some of them have some free inclusions like breakfast - all the usual if you dig deep into the results . There's a good range at CDG with everything from Mister Bed from around 25 euro thru to the Raddison - all withing a reasonable distance and most have transfer buses, although you'll have fun efficiently locating them at CDG.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I've stayed at both the Hilton and the Ibis. The Hilton is within easy walking distance to the Ibis and the RER station, and I thought it to be more comfortable (albiet more pricey). I didn't think that the Ibis bed was very comfortable, and the thin pillow gave me a good stiff neck the next day.

The Ibis does have a pantry store downstairs where you can pick up some cheap food and drinks...or, if you are a cheap ba***** like me, you can buy your stuff at the Ibis and take it back to your room at the Hilton . Or, you can take the RER into the city and eat there; its only about 20-25 minutes to the Gare du Nord.
Old May 10, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
With the recent opening of CDGVAL, there's no need now to wait for a shuttle bus to take you to the Hilton, Ibis. Just get off at the RER stop and it's only a short walk. This assumes, of course, that you're not loaded down with luggage.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Is the Sofitel accessible from the CDGVAL stop, or does that still require a bus?

TIA

Tony
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Is the Sofitel accessible from the CDGVAL stop, or does that still require a bus?

TIA

Tony
Hi Tony. I've stayed at that hotel since my last posting here. You can get there from the CDGVAL, but it will require you to walk through a parking lot and up to the hotel from the back side. Get off at the parking lot between T1 and the RER station (I think it is Park PR). When you leave the CDGVAL station you should be able to see the Sofitel hotel. Just follow the logical route through the parking lot and up to the hotel, but you might not want to do this with a lot of luggage in tow.

The navette is unreliable and takes forever, especially if there is a traffic jam by the airport. Once you walk the route from the CDGVAL once, it will be no problem in the future.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks - guess the Hilton is still the better bet in that case (Sheraton is way too pricey IMHO)
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
thanks - guess the Hilton is still the better bet in that case (Sheraton is way too pricey IMHO)
Hi Swiss Tony,
If you've got AA membership, you could get a fair bit of discount by choosing the 'auto' rate on the Starwood web booking. We were meant to show my AA card on checkout but noone asked me for it.

Then again, 1000 BMI miles with the Hilton is very attractive too!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phaleesy
Hi Swiss Tony,
If you've got AA membership, you could get a fair bit of discount by choosing the 'auto' rate on the Starwood web booking. We were meant to show my AA card on checkout but noone asked me for it.

Then again, 1000 BMI miles with the Hilton is very attractive too!
Thanks for the tip, but for the dates i'm looking at, selecting the AA rate (which I do have membership to) pushes the cheapest price up around EUR50 a night. It is a weekend though...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Has anyone stayed at the Sofitel CDG Roissy on the Executive floor? Was wondering what the difference is in the rooms and if there is a lounge. Cost difference is about 35 euros more a night than the "classic" room which is the bottom of the barrel.

I wish Sofitel would add room category descriptions to their web site!
Yes. The exec. rooms are small, but the bed is very big and comfortable, and the shower is one of those overhead shower heads in the ceiling. Very nice shower. Breakfast in the exec. lounge is very good, as is the free food/booze in the lounge (and sneaking bottles of 1664 back to my room---shhhh...)
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
You might want to check out the MR Courtyard CDG. Not too expensive. Good restaurant and serves a great breakfast. Standard MR room amenities. Elite upgrade. Airport shuttle (with a fee)
Old Aug 8, 2007, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
fwiw, i always stay at the novotel at cdg (the one bye the rer station & ibis, not the one off airport) and it's simple and serves the purpose. i don't know what their prices are now but it was not that expense when i stayed there last july.

it's also quite convenient to get to the terminals as there are shuttle busses (or were before the new people mover system went into effect) and the busses left about every 10 minutes or so. not sure about the people mover system tho so perhaps someone else can share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.