Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

First trip to Paris - Where to rent apartment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2004, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

I'll be heading for Paris with some friends on Sept 1 (last minute trip). We'll be staying for 12 days and were considering renting an apartment during our stay. It being our first visit, I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions on which districts to consider. We're looking for a younger, lively ambiance (restaurants, nightlife etc ...) not too far off from landmarks or access to convenient Metro line. Also wondering on weather in September... wardrobe/ packing requirements.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please do some reading on www.frommers.com and/or www.fodors.com etc and search using "paris" or buy a book or visit a library or google it or contact Paris Visitors whatever or .....

MisterNice
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
For apartment renting in Paris you can check out the website www.chezvous.com for info.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I really can't imagine that you're going to find an available apartment for 12 days on such short notice, but I'd want to stay in the Marais/Bastille area - lots of nightlife. Here is another agency that rents apartments in Paris: http://www.psrparis.com/ Any place in central Paris is going to be close to the Metro. The weather in early September is going to be 70ish - best time of the year to visit, IMO.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 6:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by mesp16
I'll be heading for Paris with some friends on Sept 1...We're looking for a younger, lively ambiance (restaurants, nightlife etc ...) not too far off from landmarks or access to convenient Metro line.
Definitely (in my opinion) the St Michel/Germain/Latin Quarter area on the Left Bank. Really active at night. Metro is everywhere, and the #4 line is right here, along with the RER. We always stay in this area because of the night life and crowds in the evening.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by ChgoBob
Definitely (in my opinion) the St Michel/Germain/Latin Quarter area on the Left Bank. Really active at night. Metro is everywhere, and the #4 line is right here, along with the RER. We always stay in this area because of the night life and crowds in the evening.
Trouble with this area is that you could end up next-door to a noisy Flyertalker and his yippy little dog!

Seriously, any of the these happening neighborhoods could be problematic if you are in a place on the street - because of the noise - and have trouble sleeping. I stay in a place at the Place des Vosges - right across from and above a restaurant and need Ambien to sleep in the summertime. Not so bad in the winter.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 7:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Try this:

http://www.citadines.com

If you want a lively scene, I recommend the 4th, the 5th, and the 6th.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Trouble with this area is that you could end up next-door to a noisy Flyertalker and his yippy little dog!
Salaud!

For street noise, just buy some of the foam ear plugs that they sell in pharmacies (or may even give you on your flight). I use them in the summer here, though I just put A/C into my bedroom this year (due to last summer's horrendous heat wave) - it's been so cool this year that I only used it three times all summer.

Any of the central arrondissements (1-2-3-4-5-6 parts of 7th and parts of 11th around the Bastille) are good targets for rental properties. A nice area if you can find a rental is the rue Montorgeuil neighborhood in the 2nd arrondissement.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
Salaud!
What did I say? What did I do? Don't tell me that YOU live in that area too, Blair!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.