Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Vaccination Requirements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Covid Vaccination Requirements

I was looking at travel to Paris for my 50th birthday and reviewing the COVID travel restrictions and got confused. The interior ministry site says that since February in order to be considered fully vaccinated you must have received a booster within 9 months of your last required dose. I'm a physician and I was among the first to be vaccinated. I got the booster soon after it became available but it was 9 months plus a couple of weeks after my second dose (the booster had only been available for around a month when I got it). Does this mean I wouldn't be considered fully vaccinated for travel to France? It says unvaccinated travelers must provide a compelling reason for their travel to France, and tourism is not a compelling reason. This seems pretty ridiculous.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No worries you are considered fully vaccinated whatever the date of your booster.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Boosters do not expire. Yet.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
If I'm reading this correctly, even unvaccinated from the USA (since it's currently green) are welcome if they have a test:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-...ational-travel
Old Apr 3, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Piggybacking off this thread - booked parents to fly BOM-CDG-JFK - they have taken 2 doses of Covishield and its been more than a year. Is the 9 month expiry rule applicable for transit? They will carry negative test as its required for US.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by elcasar
I was looking at travel to Paris for my 50th birthday and reviewing the COVID travel restrictions and got confused. The interior ministry site says that since February in order to be considered fully vaccinated you must have received a booster within 9 months of your last required dose. I'm a physician and I was among the first to be vaccinated. I got the booster soon after it became available but it was 9 months plus a couple of weeks after my second dose (the booster had only been available for around a month when I got it). Does this mean I wouldn't be considered fully vaccinated for travel to France? It says unvaccinated travelers must provide a compelling reason for their travel to France, and tourism is not a compelling reason. This seems pretty ridiculous.

Did you end up traveling to Paris and have confirmation that a booster of over 9mo is fine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.