"Déconfinement" - France re-opening plans

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Déconfinement" - France re-opening plans

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: too many
Worth noting that the last time Paris had a full curfew implemented, it was during WWII.
Other curfew measures were implemented later on, but only towards certain types of populations (e.g. Algerian-French Muslims in 1958 and 1962)
https://actu.fr/ile-de-france/paris_..._36799139.html
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:12 am

Aaand we're back in lockdown....
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54716993

LREM= Le Reconfinement En Masse
mlin32, zip10001 and IstKong like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by ng1265
Aaand we're back in lockdown....
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54716993

LREM= Le Reconfinement En Masse

The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that, unlike most european countries, they don't even let you leave (or flee) the country.
LETTERBOY and ng1265 like this.

Last edited by IstKong; Oct 29, 2020 at 12:37 pm
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by IstKong
The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that, unlike most european countries, they don't even let you leave (or flee) the country.
Indeed
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:30 am

and the icing on the rotten cake, a curfew will be enforced in Paris in addition to the lockdown
Edited, this has been a miscommunication from the government

Last edited by ng1265; Nov 3, 2020 at 9:04 am
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:40 am

Current situation: national curfew at 8pm, except in 25 counties (departements) where this starts at 1800.

There are talks of a possible national 6pm curfew, with more details supposedly announced today
Old Jan 14, 2021, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ng1265
Current situation: national curfew at 8pm, except in 25 counties (departements) where this starts at 1800.

There are talks of a possible national 6pm curfew, with more details supposedly announced today
yes 6pm curfew nationwide is now confirmed. Plus self quarantine for 7 days for all pax comong from outside the EU.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Anyone see news or hear rumors about France's plans for tourism in the summer for foreign visitors?
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dhuey
Anyone see news or hear rumors about France's plans for tourism in the summer for foreign visitors?
if by foreign, you mean non-Schengen, this will not be a France decision, but a EU/Schengen zone one. No one knows what will happen sincerely. I remain optimistic, but...
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Goldorak
if by foreign, you mean non-Schengen, this will not be a France decision, but a EU/Schengen zone one. No one knows what will happen sincerely. I remain optimistic, but...
Ah, thanks. I didn't realize that. I thought it would be up to individual nations. I understand that once a foreigner gets inside the Schengen Zone it would be very difficult to stop a prohibited border crossing within the zone. But the threat of criminal sanctions would probably dissuade most foreigners from violating restrictions on where they are allowed to go within Schengen.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by dhuey
Ah, thanks. I didn't realize that. I thought it would be up to individual nations. I understand that once a foreigner gets inside the Schengen Zone it would be very difficult to stop a prohibited border crossing within the zone. But the threat of criminal sanctions would probably dissuade most foreigners from violating restrictions on where they are allowed to go within Schengen.
Some member states may give an exception to a given country, but this is not liked at all by most member states and this is strongly not recommended (e.g. Portugal allowing Brazilians, Greeks allowing Russians, etc). France has always followed strictly the common rules.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:33 am

Can you elaborate on what is making you optimistic? I could use some good news. We have a trip booked to France in April but I find it hard to see it happening.

The EU can barely even agree on Vaccine Passports for Schengen travel. I fail to see how they can agree on which foreign countries they will allow in. The countries that need tourists want to open ASAP while some of the northern countries would rather stay locked till 2022...
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by the188
Can you elaborate on what is making you optimistic?
My state of mind .

We have a trip booked to France in April but I find it hard to see it happening.
You don't say from where but if it is from non-EU, I'm afraid you can forget about it in april. My answer to dhuey (and my optimism) was for the summer.

The EU can barely even agree on Vaccine Passports for Schengen travel. I fail to see how they can agree on which foreign countries they will allow in. The countries that need tourists want to open ASAP while some of the northern countries would rather stay locked till 2022...
EU has agreed on the list off foreign citizens they have allowed or not since may or june 2020 and it was revised regularly. So you can count on them to continue this.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:54 pm

My state of mind .
You don't say from where but if it is from non-EU, I'm afraid you can forget about it in april. My answer to dhuey (and my optimism) was for the summer.
EU has agreed on the list off foreign citizens they have allowed or not since may or june 2020 and it was revised regularly. So you can count on them to continue this.
Ah. We try to be optimistic too, but we have had so many trips canceled. We typically book about a year out, did not see this going on for this long.
We would be coming from the United States so it will be non-EU. We are thinking of re-scheduling for late July if we can.
We are both vaccinated. I don't get why it matters if we come from the US vaccinated or come from Germany vaccinated?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

We are both vaccinated. I don't get why it matters if we come from the US vaccinated or come from Germany vaccinated?
I fully agree with you but there is a principle of free circulation within Schengen area (which is not true anymore right now, but this is another debate). Lots of politic involved everywhere as we can return you the same comment ; what's the point for USA to ban EU/UK while they allow Turkey, Russia, Colombia, etc
This is all nonsense and I can't wait for all this madness to be over.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.