Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from CDG into Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Transfer from CDG into Paris

Anyone got any tips for decent services? I'm landing in Paris with luggage plus a bike bag so need to get an estate car (station wagon), SUV or minivan rather than hoping to freestyle with a normal taxi
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Nos amis over at the France forum can help with this! Moving the thread over now...

stut
Europe Forum
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
UberVAN is a good option if you have data on your mobile phone once in CDG.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by IstKong
UberVAN is a good option if you have data on your mobile phone once in CDG.
CDG has now free wifi for a limited period IIRC
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:19 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Just go to the licensed taxi rank. There will be plenty of taxi vans able to accommodate your belongings.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Depending on your hotel, the concierge should be able to arrange a transfer in an appropriate vehicle, but this will be expensive.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
I used to use Supershuttle for transfers, since I travel w/luggage. When they shutdown in late December 2019, I booked my Jan 2020 transfers w/Parisshuttle. They seem to book through a German travel agency. Considering the strike and transit problems, they were adequate. But ask and make sure you get in writing any additonal charges for more than one large piece of luggage & one carry-on. I meant to ask at CDG which other shuttles were operating, but I'm small and the bags were too cumbersome to move around much. I plan to ask more on my next transit mid-March. If you need the contact numbers, email, send me a message & I'll look them up for you..
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:52 am

Is there a direct train from CDG to Gare de Lyon? I will have a bunch of luggage, and my hesitancy in taking a train would be having to lug the bags up and down stairs in the train stations. However, I don't know if the train station at CDG and Gare de Lyon has escalators or elevators.

Are there escalators or elevators to the platforms for the train at CDG and Gare de Lyon? My hotel is near Gare de Lyon, and the train would be the most convenient if it is accessible.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jaunts
Is there a direct train from CDG to Gare de Lyon? I will have a bunch of luggage, and my hesitancy in taking a train would be having to lug the bags up and down stairs in the train stations. However, I don't know if the train station at CDG and Gare de Lyon has escalators or elevators.

Are there escalators or elevators to the platforms for the train at CDG and Gare de Lyon? My hotel is near Gare de Lyon, and the train would be the most convenient if it is accessible.

Thanks.
Both stations have escalators throughout. No direct train, but there is a very simple transfer across the platform- RER B from CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles, then walk across the platform to the next RER A or D, whichever comes first. One more stop on the A or D to Gare de Lyon.

Parisbytrain.com is very helpful with ticket info, pictures and maps of stations, etc.
Goldorak, ajGoes, DoB840 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.