Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Which Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt hotel in Paris for late winter 2020?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I would prefer to stay at these three chains for a 2 day trip to Paris in late winter or early spring 2020. I need to get my nights in for both Marrriott and Hyatt. Hilton and IHG would be like a last resort. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel that's near a subway station so I can quickly go to and from CDG. Comments?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I would prefer to stay at these three chains for a 2 day trip to Paris in late winter or early spring 2020. I need to get my nights in for both Marrriott and Hyatt. Hilton and IHG would be like a last resort. I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel that's near a subway station so I can quickly go to and from CDG. Comments?
I just spent five nights at the W Paris Opera and enjoyed it - I can't address the subway issue since I'm more of a bus person but the RoissyBus to/from CDG conveniently stops on the other side of the Opera. Not sure about the prices because I used points but the service, breakfast and location were all excellent.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel was unexpectedly pleasant given that rates are usually less than other Marriott properties in Paris. Metro Glaciere is across the street and down a block, connects in two stops to CDG train at RER B at Denfert-Rochereau or just walk it. Property itself is decent, decent rooms and nice fitness center, club lounge recently remodeled and service quite good.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:03 pm

Don't mean to hijack the thread at all but the title just seems so perfect.

I have Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat and Hyatt Globalist and am taking my father at the end of May for his 70th birthday on a trip to Paris for 3-4 days to tour the city and go to Roland Garros.

I am trying to figure out what makes the most sense. I have 4 nights reserved @30k at the PH Vendome but don't know if the hype is warranted. If people say its hands down the - or one of the top - points hotels out there, I am happy to splurge on it. I've also heard very good things about the Westin Paris Vendome which I can get for around 330 a night. PdG and Hotel De Berri seem not so worth it for 400k and horrible cash rates.

Any advice is appreciated.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by brosenberg0
Don't mean to hijack the thread at all but the title just seems so perfect.

I have Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat and Hyatt Globalist and am taking my father at the end of May for his 70th birthday on a trip to Paris for 3-4 days to tour the city and go to Roland Garros.

I am trying to figure out what makes the most sense. I have 4 nights reserved @30k at the PH Vendome but don't know if the hype is warranted. If people say its hands down the - or one of the top - points hotels out there, I am happy to splurge on it. I've also heard very good things about the Westin Paris Vendome which I can get for around 330 a night. PdG and Hotel De Berri seem not so worth it for 400k and horrible cash rates.

Any advice is appreciated.
Personally I love the location of the Renaissance Republique, in a more residential area, with tons of great place to eat and drink, and super convenient with 5 Metro lines intersecting there. Looks like a very nice breakfast for Platinums.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...ublique-hotel/
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:38 am

A short walk from the PH Vendome is the Hyatt Madeleine, which is also a very nice hotel. I had a three night stay there in September and it was great.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Personally I love the location of the Renaissance Republique, in a more residential area, with tons of great place to eat and drink, and super convenient with 5 Metro lines intersecting there. Looks like a very nice breakfast for Platinums.
Some friends of mine really like this hotel as well.
You might not want to book the cheapest (smallest) room though.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Some friends of mine really like this hotel as well.
You might not want to book the cheapest (smallest) room though.
Also an FYI, this hotel is on the list of hotels going up in category as of March 4, 2020. Redemptions will go up by 10k/night is booked after that date. I would assume many others are as well.

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...-changes-2020/

https://points-redemption.marriott.c...arriott-bonvoy
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Also an FYI, this hotel is on the list of hotels going up in category as of March 4, 2020. Redemptions will go up by 10k/night is booked after that date. I would assume many others are as well.

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...-changes-2020/

https://points-redemption.marriott.c...arriott-bonvoy
That's terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.