Navigo 2019 Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Navigo 2019 Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Navigo 2019 Information

Haven't been to Paris in years, regrettably. See to recall buying things like Formule 1, Carte Hebdomadaire, Coupon Orange, etc.

I'll be arriving on a Friday and staying through Tuesday.

If I buy Navigo, will I have to pay again on Monday or did they do away with that rule and run a week as seven days from purchase?

Otherwise, is the best bet a carnet? It seems like the Paris Visite is not a great deal.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:22 pm

Unfortunately the Navigo weekly pass is still just that, a pass based on days of the week and not a 7 day pass. It runs Monday-Sunday, so likely not a good option for you. One benefit is that it has been expanded to cover the entire Paris area, zones 1-5, for only €22.80. That includes RER and Roissybus service to CDG. The physical card is €5, and lasts for 10 years.

https://parisbytrain.com/paris-train-metro-week-pass-navigo-decouverte/amp/
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: FB Gold
Correct, it is still a Monday-Sunday subscription for the weekly.

In addition, I believe you can only buy the weekly subscription thru Thurs of the week (inclusive), so if you arrive on a Friday, you can only buy for the upcoming week.

It is possible to buy a daily Navigo subscription if you already have a pass. Otherwise probably a paper ticket is the better option.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
The Paris Visite is not generally a good value. Any weekly Navigo fare purchased after Thursday of the current week, will not be usable before the following Monday.

Probably your only option would be a group of 10 tickets T+ for 14.90€. Individual tickets T+ cost 1.90€ or 2€ when purchased directly from a bus driver.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Tamino
The Paris Visite is not generally a good value. Any weekly Navigo fare purchased after Thursday of the current week, will not be usable before the following Monday.

Probably your only option would be a group of 10 tickets T+ for 14.90€. Individual tickets T+ cost 1.90€ or 2€ when purchased directly from a bus driver.
We used the carnets. I can confirm the Monday to Sunday rule for the weekly Navigo as posted by several here.

However, on my last Metro trip, I noticed something about a daily Navigo pass. Is that worth it?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
We used the carnets. I can confirm the Monday to Sunday rule for the weekly Navigo as posted by several here.

However, on my last Metro trip, I noticed something about a daily Navigo pass. Is that worth it?
Depends. For a single day, yes.

But for multiple days, the Paris Visite ticket then gets discounted, versus a fixed daily fare with the Navigo, so it's better for 2+ days within centre Paris to get the paper ticket.

To compare the tarifs :
Forfait Navigo Jour - Tarifs - Navigo

https://www.ratp.fr/titres-et-tarifs...t-paris-visite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.