Wiki Posts
Search

Best Train Options: Paris CDG to Bruges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Best Train Options: Paris CDG to Bruges

I’m traveling with a group of six people from CDG-Bruges at the end of March. We land at 17:20 on BA from London with HBO and US passports. Our trip is originating at LAX, so we will be tired and would like to get there as quickly as possible. We are considering :

1. Taking the 18:48 TGV from CDG-Lille and then having a driver pick us up at the train station and drop us off at our hotel in Bruges. (1 hour train, 1 hour drive, €51 per person) Arrive @ ~ 20:48

2. Having a driver pick us up at CDG and drive us to our hotel in Bruges.
(~ 2hours/ 45 minutes, €71 per person). Arrive @ ~ 20:30

3. The 19:07 TGV from CDG-Brussels-Bruges. (2 hours/55 minutes, €81 per person) Arrive @ ~ 22:02

I think that #1 would be the least painful. Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Will there be traffic if we drive?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:19 pm

I would definitely go with option 1. Cheapest and fastest, and would avoid my least favorite part of travel- long car rides.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I would go for option 2 without hesitation after such a long trip. Minimal cost difference, less hassle, no traffic issues as CDG is north east of Paris directly on the highway going to Belgium (A1) and no more (or very little) commuting traffic from Paris after CDG.
Option 1 is certainly not bad, but my pref goes to #2.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini, Le Club AccorHotels, Rosewood Elite, Shangri-La, Four Seasons PP, etc.
I would go with #2 without a doubt. You will be tired and there is a little bit of logistics included in t#1 and #3 that you could avoid and have a trouble free experience in all.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Or, option 4: fly to Brussels rather than CDG, and get a train or cab from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.