Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Do I need Short Stay visa for a landside transit (Pick bagagge and recheckin again) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need Short Stay visa for a landside transit (Pick bagagge and recheckin again) ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

1) I am coming from the US on a Delta flight. Have my connecting flight on a Saudi flight to Mumbai, India. I have a 3hr layover in CDG. I would be needing to checkout my baggage at the airport and, need to do a check in with Saudi airlines.Will I be needing a Short stay a visitor Visa for this purpose as generally the Baggage pickup comes after immigration. I am a Indian citizen holding a indian passport. and, a US H1B Visa holder. In my case I may need to recheck my bags and check in again with the connecting carrier (Saudia airlines). So even with a transit visa can you go through border control (immigration) , pick up baggage and, check in again. This would mean I will have to leave the international area right. I thought you need a regular visitor visa for this purpose since you are out of the international transit zone. But I am not fully sure about this. If only a transit visa would do for picking up baggage and doing a check in again, I will not need it right as being citizen of India with an Indian passport we are exempted from having a transit visa (Since July 23 2018).
Can someone please kindly clarify this information.

2nd option is 2) I can request Delta to check my Baggage all through to Mumbai but, I will not be having Boarding pass of Paris->Mumbai flight from Boston itself since it was a separate ticket (Saudia airline). I am not sure if with their online boarding pass I can clear security at Paris before reaching the gate for my connecting flight. Saudia has mentioned on their website stating I may need to show my passport/travel docs at check in counter (This may mean I need to go outside the international transit zone right) so that they can issue the Actual Boarding Pass. So I am kind of nervous if they will allow me to get a Boarding pass at the Gate itself.

Last edited by Sriram Seshagiri; Oct 11, 2018 at 5:30 pm Reason: encoding issue
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Can anyone please kindly reply ?

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2018, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Under either scenario, you will need a Schengen Visa to enter France: DL will not check through your baggage to BOM on separate itineraries Delta Confirms Through-Check Baggage Policy (11 January 2016)
And DL won't let you on the plane unless you have the correct documentation.
So, you will have to enter France to collect your bag(s) and go to SV (Saudi Airlines) check-in to show passport, pick up boarding card and check luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.