Wiki Posts
Search

Going to a chiropractor while in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Going to a chiropractor while in Paris

In other threads, I've talked about the fact that I might be going to Paris with lower back issues (the bottom two spinal discs collapsed & the 'cushion' in between is bulging out touching the nerve). I am seeing a chiropractor now and it occurred to me this morning that I might want to consider visiting a chiropractor once or twice while in Paris at the end of next month. I will talk to my chiropractor about it.

If I get the green light from my chiropractor, I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer.

1. Any favorite chiropractors to recommend? I'll be staying in the 6th Arr within a 5 minute walk to the Luxembourg RER according to Google maps

2. What is generally the cost of an adjustment? I assume it varies per chiropractor but I wanted to get a basic idea.

3. I'm concerned about my language barrier. My French is workable but I'm not sure how well I could do to communicate clearly at a Parisian chiropractor's office. Is English widely spoken?

4. Is this a crazy idea?

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
English is pretty common in tourist-oriented places but hit and miss elsewhere. I spoke only French with the dentist who kindly worked my son in the morning after a cap broke, and with her assistant. The dentist was quite young and threw in a couple of English words, but she didn't try to communicate with my son in English.

You might want to look for an English-speaking chiropractor -- I'm sure you'll be able to find one.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:17 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
I have no personal experience but the embassy lists Nadine Steinik Foresman as a licensed, English speaking chiropractor. Her office is in the 6th at 22, rue des Canettes which is very near St Sulpice.

Telephone: 01 43 54 26 25
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Yes, I will definitely look for an English-speaking chiropractor especially because my chiropractor might have specific instructions for me to give and knowledge of English would be vital.

Thanks for the info about the embassy listing. I also found a listing for the American Chiropractic Center in the 7th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.