Reload this Page >

Changing planes in Europe/layovers [CDG]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing planes in Europe/layovers [CDG]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:56 am

Seems on return OP may be coming into Terminal 3 and leaving from Terminal 2. He should understand exactly how he will do that so he knows the step-by-step.

One way is to take the shuttle bus from T3 to Roissypole, then the CDG VAL train (which comes every 5 minutes or so) from there to T2. If he's late, he could just take a cab from T3 to T2, though the driver will not like the short trip and the fare will likely be 10-15 euros.

Someone upthread implied a direct bus from T3 to T2. I don't know of that, though there could well be one. Some details would be helpful.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Now I'm a little concerned about the layover time at CDG. I would assume they wouldn't book us this way if it wasn't possible, but maybe that's not the case.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

was just looking at past flights and the one for today and the HOP flight from NUE to CDG lands at terminal 2G. The Air France/Delta flight leave CDG from 2E. That seems to be the "norm" for at least this time of year. So I guess I will need to know how we get form 2G to 2E. They seem to be in a different physical building from each other. Can anyone shed any light on how to get from 2G to 2E? Is it walking distance or will we have to take a bus?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is a free Navette that takes you from 2G to 2E. Your timings should be fine.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

awesome...thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Dear Paris27
Many people have tried to help you here but there were a couple of wrong and/or confusing information, so I will try to summarize for you
- going to VIE : your bags will be checked through VIE. No need to collect bags in CDG. You will clear immigration in CDG as this is where you enter the Schengen area. Your connection will be from term 2E to 2F and your layover is more than sufficient (this connection may involve just walking or taking an automatic train linking terminals, depending in which concourse of 2E you will arrive in). The only thing you may double check is whether your CDG-VIE flight is operated by AF or OS (Austrian Airlines), as they code-share on this route. If the flight was on OS, it will depart from 2D.
- going back to the US from NUE : don't worry about HOP, they are the regional carrier of AF, so they will have no problem to check your bags on AF mainline and DL and to give you the BP. From NUE, you will arrive in term 2G, where you will have passport control (leaving the Schengen area) and you will take a bus to your concourse in term 2E. Your transit time in CDG is not extremely large but sufficient. You won't have to collect bags in CDG but you'll have to in ATL, even if the bags will be tagged to Baton Rouge (you need to clear customs at your 1st US entry point). You will have also to clear US immigration in ATL.

I hope it is clearer now for you
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Goldorak! The CDG - VIE flight is operated by AF. I think the main thing concerning me was getting from 2G to 2E. So...there is a bus for that? Is it easy to maneuver? There will be 6 of us so I just want to be sure I know what we're up against. And yes, we have time in ATL and I'm aware that we'll have to collect bags and re-check. Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Dear Paris27
Many people have tried to help you here but there were a couple of wrong and/or confusing information, so I will try to summarize for you

I hope it is clearer now for you
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
What Goldorak wrote is correct. Just as an addition, if my memory is right, there are two different buses to 2E depending on your departure gate. After passport control in 2G you have to check the screens to make sure to take the correct bus. One to M gates or the other to L and K gates.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, MarLim!

Originally Posted by MarLim
What Goldorak wrote is correct. Just as an addition, if my memory is right, there are two different buses to 2E depending on your departure gate. After passport control in 2G you have to check the screens to make sure to take the correct bus. One to M gates or the other to L and K gates.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarLim
Correct

Originally Posted by paris27
I think the main thing concerning me was getting from 2G to 2E. So...there is a bus for that? Is it easy to maneuver? There will be 6 of us so I just want to be sure I know what we're up against.
Yes, very easy. Just follow the signs for connections to term 2E, check your gate on the monitors (in case of change since your departure from NUE) and take the good bus (see MarLim's post).
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:14 am
Original Poster

thanks...you guys have been such a great help!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:05 am

If HOP does not operate out of a "remote terminal" as someone posted but rather Terminal 2, OP should he fine.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:47 am
Original Poster

It's still considered Terminal 2 but it's 2G which is a separate building so we'll have to take a bus to 2E apparently. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
If HOP does not operate out of a "remote terminal" as someone posted but rather Terminal 2, OP should he fine.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by paris27
It's still considered Terminal 2 but it's 2G which is a separate building so we'll have to take a bus to 2E apparently. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
2G is considered by every pax as a "remote terminal", even if it is part of terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.