Wiki Posts
Search

Time to connect at CDG from UA to AF?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
Time to connect at CDG from UA to AF?

I am arriving at CDG on UA 915 scheduled to arrive at 6:55 AM with checked baggage. Would I have time to catch an AF flight departing at 8:40?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You don't precise were you are heading to with AF (long-haul or medium-haul) and this is important as the limit check-in time is different.
But anyway, I would say no. You have 80% chance to not make it.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
CDG outbound passport control can have very long lines now, although some of the worst seem to affect flights to the USA, which presumably you're not doing.

Even if it's one ticket, you would have the problem of the delivering airline (UA) being responsible for rebooking if they're late, but AF is in a different terminal.

I absolutely would not attempt this, especially without an EU passport, ideally the type that works in the automated gates at CDG.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
Thanks, that is helpful. We would be flying to Montpellier so it would be a short flight. In any event, it sounds like a 10 AM TGV leaving from CDG might be a safer bet.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: A few airlines and hotels
Wanted to "piggy back" on the question of connection times at CDG .Flying AF JFK-CDG.. Arrive at Terminal 2E and connect to BIO ( AF flight) Terminal 2G . Have 2hrs and 50 mins for the connection . Enough time ? Thank You !
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Assuming one ticket (PNR) - yes. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-time-cdg.html and
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...CDG+connection

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Dec 16, 2015 at 5:46 pm Reason: added second thread link
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
PNR it is . Thank you .
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by txampa
Wanted to "piggy back" on the question of connection times at CDG .Flying AF JFK-CDG.. Arrive at Terminal 2E and connect to BIO ( AF flight) Terminal 2G . Have 2hrs and 50 mins for the connection . Enough time ? Thank You !
Yes, no problem.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:15 am

Merci bien !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.