Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum connection time at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Minimum connection time at CDG

whats the minimum connection time at CDG? Coming from USA, transfering to Schengen Area.

Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2012, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by chff
whats the minimum connection time at CDG? Coming from USA, transfering to Schengen Area.

Thanks
There are several boarding piers in CDG2 for Schengen destinations. In order to give you a hopefully accurate answer, it would be useful to know what your destination is and whether you are travelling before November or not, as there are plans for changes regarding destinations and boarding piers.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them...
Traveling on AF from JFK to FRA.

I have gotten the answer already after finding the 'Air France' USA number, took 20 minutes to explain for the phone rep what the question is, the answer is 90 minutes. I was looking at a 45 connection.

Last edited by chff; Aug 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by chff
Traveling on AF from JFK to FRA.

I have gotten the answer already after finding the 'Air France' USA number, took 20 minutes to explain for the phone rep what the question is, the answer is 90 minutes. I was looking at a 45 connection.
JFK -> FRA is an international -> domestic connection (Germany and France are both in the Schengen area so you clear immigration in France upon arriving, and not in Germany). While immigration is typically quite a lot faster arriving into the EU than arriving into the US, even if 45 minutes had been a legal connection, it would have been a wholly unrealistic one!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:53 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
They told you wrong then. I think I have only transferred once 2E to 2D in more than 85min and usually 65min. Is it nice, no, is it suggested no, but the question was is it legal, yes.

We have all assumed that you are on AF the whole way so please advise if this is not the case. AF7 connecting to AF1618 is the tightest JFK-FRA connection with a legal connection time of 75min.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are several definition of MCT. One is the legal MCT allowed by airlines so that flights can be on the same issued ticket. Another one is the reasonable MCT to give you a good chance to make the connection. As suggested by Bankops, 75min is legal. But it is very tight if the JFK flight is ontime. However, JFK tends to be very busy in the evening and long tkeoff delays are not uncommon. However, if both flightsare on the same AF ticket, AF will protect you and put you on the next FRA flight. There are many of those, so don't worry. With Skypriority, it is faster to clear immigration, but you need to have Skyteam status.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:20 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Among the JFK-CDG flights, it seems that AF 007 suffers the most from long delays. I would refrain from booking it when connecting to another flight.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Among the JFK-CDG flights, it seems that AF 007 suffers the most from long delays. I would refrain from booking it when connecting to another flight.
I flew this flight end july and it was perfectly on-time
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The average delay of AF007 over the past couple of months is 58 minutes. This is the worst of AF flights from JFK. AF3843 (DL) has an average delay of 90 minutes.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM
In Nov. I will be arriving into CDG from AMM on AF at 5:50am and connecting to the AF flt to AMS at 7:15am and this is a legal connection. It's an award tkt, business class, but the short connection time worries me as all I read about is what a terrible airport CDG is for connecting. If I don't make the flt, I will also miss my AMS-LAX connection. It's a grueling routing to begin with and I will be trying to change it before the trip starts in Oct. but if not, what are my chances of making this connection? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jac747
In Nov. I will be arriving into CDG from AMM on AF at 5:50am and connecting to the AF flt to AMS at 7:15am and this is a legal connection. It's an award tkt, business class, but the short connection time worries me as all I read about is what a terrible airport CDG is for connecting. If I don't make the flt, I will also miss my AMS-LAX connection. It's a grueling routing to begin with and I will be trying to change it before the trip starts in Oct. but if not, what are my chances of making this connection? Thanks.
90 min connections is not what I call short (1hr is). AF connections at CDG have become quite easy, and your (2E to 2F) is an easy one. Add to this that you are traveling in C, so you have access to fast track lanes (labeled Sky Priority or Accès No1). So more than enough time, so you can relax
Old Sep 2, 2012, 8:14 am

Thanks! That airport just does not have a good reputation for connections but now I wont' worry about it.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jac747
Thanks! That airport just does not have a good reputation for connections but now I wont' worry about it.
You are right, it does not have a very good reputation, but to be honest, while CDG is far from perfect, I sometimes have a feeling that much of its bad reputation is owed to people who haven't been through CDG for many years and are still echoing the same thing even though it might no longer be valid (a bit like people believing that Chicago is a really dangerous city because they heard of Al Capone! ). As Goldorak mentions, 1h25 is certainly not a 'short' connection for CDG and should be ample unless you are seriously delayed. And for what it's worth, I would personally choose a CDG connection over a FRA one any day.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:19 pm

You're right and, actually, I had read here that FRA is not such an easy connection airport either but I had no problem there either.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
a bit like people believing that Chicago is a really dangerous city because they heard of Al Capone! ).

I heard that so many times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.