Wiki Posts
Search

Chartres to Avignon by train?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Chartres to Avignon by train?

The easiest and quickest way? Do we have to go back through Paris?

This would be spring of next year.

Thanks
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by david4455
The easiest and quickest way? Do we have to go back through Paris?

This would be spring of next year.
No one knowns what the schedules will be almost a year from now but the quickest route between these two points is currently 4+46 with a change of trains at Versailles Chantier.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Until about November, you won't be able to look up exact timings / services, as the timetable changes in December and they won't publish it until about November. Tickets will then be sold about 3 months out, and you'll want to book any TGV legs at 90 days to secure the cheapest prices. (High speed trains in France are priced much like airline tickets, complete with budget-like options from idTGV and Ouigo!)

Unless you do something odd with slow trains, your easiest is to head from Chartres to Paris, change stations, then take a TGV down to Avignon. Well, either that, or train to Paris, RER to Marne la Vallee, then Ouigo down.

There's a handful of direct TGVs from Tours to Avignon, but getting there from Chartres isn't that easy. You could take a local train to Le Mans, then TGV to Nimes, then local train on, but via Paris looks easier than that to me!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

All great information. Thanks

I am aware that we are way to early for schedules or to book tickets...but I wanted to research routes and see if my itinerary is plausible.

It the Versailles Chantier is viable that seems to be the easiest since it does not require a change of station for the connection down to Avignon. I see direct trains that are approx. 3.5 hours....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.