Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG to Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Paris CDG to Berlin

Hi, I will be flying on SQ, eta Paris at 7.20am. I am bound to Berlin to start my tour there. The only direct flight I could find are Germanwings and Air France. Germanwings etd at 9.20am and AF at 10.10am. I am definitely gearing towards Germanwings as it is way much cheaper than AF.

My dilemma is: is 2hours sufficient for us to clear immigration, claim baggage, check in GW and clear immigration? Seems like it will depart at Terminal 1, the same one I'll be landing.

Please advise. TIA!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Feeling lucky?

Couple things -
Paris to Berlin is intra-Schengen flight so no immigration to clear.

From where are you arriving on SQ and on what date? What is the record of the flight for on time arrival?

Are you sure that 9:20 flight is not Lufthansa? SQ is a Star Alliance partner with Lufthansa; have you inquired about just extending your itinerary to Berlin?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Hi SeamusSA, thanks so much for the reply.

I redeemed an award ticket via Lifemiles. As I entered from Singapore to Berlin, none of the flights shown up. Travel date on 9 October 2014. Tried many other options and all sold out. Only sin-paris was available. As I was afraid that this would sold out very soon, I redeemed without much thought, thinking that should be a lot of flights from Paris to Berlin. Yes, there are, but all transit to somewhere and would take more than 4 hours.

Anyway, I bit the bullet and had booked with Germanwings and pray that everything will go as planned.

Thank you once again for your feedback.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:17 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Oh, I see they are due to launch the route later in the year. They're keeping that one well hidden! Worth keeping a close eye on...

Looks like it could be a codeshare with LH - in which case, I wonder if SQ putting a note in your reservation about the connection could help in case of a misconnect? I know you're not strictly booked with LH, but it can't hurt to ask...

Last edited by stut; Jun 23, 2014 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Oh dear! Is that right?

But my booking is on 10 October at 09.20am, CDG-TEgel and it's on Germanwings! Did I make a mistake???

Does GW code share with Lufthansa? If it is, will try to call SQ but not sure if they will entertain since I redeemed award tics with lifemiles.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:45 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I think you may have replied before I edited, but...

Yes, it appears to launch later this year. I assume it is a Lufhansa codeshare, given there are several press releases about increasing codeshare cooperation between the two airlines, and it departs at the same time from the same terminal*.

SQ are very unlikely to formally link the bookings, but a note in there could make things easier if things go wrong.

* Actually, I have been on a flight - LGW-GCI, where there were two distinct, competing airlines offering the exact same route at the exact same time and, to make matters more confusing, leaving from adjacent gates. Thankfully, this appears to be relatively rare...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.