Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collect free night upon signup or 1st purchase? Aug 9 -Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Collect free night upon signup or 1st purchase? Aug 9 -Paris

I am looking for a hotel room for one night- August 9- in Paris, France.

I know there are hotel cards that include a free night upon first purchase or with minimal spending requirements.

Since I only have less than 2 months before my stay, I would need to collect my free night quickly.

Are there hotel cards that offer a free night with minimal requirements that do not require waiting until after your statement date to book and collect? (eg you can book your free night as soon as your purchase posts or as soon as you sign up)?

I would prefer saving Club Carlson for another trip because of the 3-for-2 night deal. I only need one night.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:48 pm
In Memoriam

IHG is on your one year anniversary.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Another option if you only need one night is a BRG. Try an IHG brg perhaps.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redreeper
Another option if you only need one night is a BRG. Try an IHG brg perhaps.
Thanks.

BRG???

Sorry....not familiar. I googled it and came up empty-handed. (naive but learning....)

If I meet the $1K spending requirement with IHG, how long would I have to wait to collect my points? Would it be available as soon as I paid the $1000 or as soon as it was charged? Or would I have to wait for statement closing, processing, etc?

The free night would not become available for 1 year if I read correctly.

I just applied for Chase IHG and was approved. Hope to get 80K points. Do they charge additional fees for purchases in international currencies?

Last edited by protagonist; Jun 14, 2014 at 5:22 pm
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by protagonist
Thanks.

BRG???

Sorry....not familiar. I googled it and came up empty-handed. (naive but learning....)

If I meet the $1K spending requirement with IHG, how long would I have to wait to collect my points? Would it be available as soon as I paid the $1000 or as soon as it was charged? Or would I have to wait for statement closing, processing, etc?

The free night would not become available for 1 year if I read correctly.

I just applied for Chase IHG and was approved. Hope to get 80K points. Do they charge additional fees for purchases in international currencies?
Here you go. Best rate guarantee - Free night if you find the rate cheaper. You've got time until your trip so you could check it out in meanwhile - pretty easy to do using Kayak, HotelsCombined, etc.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-feedback.html

I got the IHG card awhile ago, sorry can't remember how long it took but you could ask in the IHG forum, plenty of folks there would know. Free Chase anniversary night can be a challenge at more popular properties without way-ahead reservations, learned that the hard way.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redreeper
Here you go. Best rate guarantee - Free night if you find the rate cheaper. You've got time until your trip so you could check it out in meanwhile - pretty easy to do using Kayak, HotelsCombined, etc.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-feedback.html

I got the IHG card awhile ago, sorry can't remember how long it took but you could ask in the IHG forum, plenty of folks there would know. Free Chase anniversary night can be a challenge at more popular properties without way-ahead reservations, learned that the hard way.
Thanks, Red.
And by the way, how did Jerry resolve "Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." with "A friend of the devil is a friend of mine"??? (I don't expect an answer to that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.