Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Free public transport in Paris this weekend! (March 14-16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Apparently to honor what an excellent job polluting everyone in the Ile de France region has done, all public transport in this region is free from Friday through Sunday. I don't know if it includes Roissy bus or not but it definitely includes all the RER and Metro.

Don't buy a ticket! I did and there is no hope of a refund, I presume.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Refunds

Yes, refunds are possible. But it depends on the kind of ticket , whether it got stamped by one of the machines, whether you got a receipt, and how much paperwork it's worth to you?

Last edited by willie--wonka; Mar 14, 2014 at 6:44 pm Reason: additional
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Apparently to honor what an excellent job polluting everyone in the Ile de France region has done...
Wow, they reward people for polluting?! I also heard about the free Velib offer during days of high pollution. Are they trying to kill everyone off? The Chinese government might want to steal some tricks from the Parisians...
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by willie--wonka
Yes, refunds are possible. But it depends on the kind of ticket , whether it got stamped by one of the machines, whether you got a receipt, and how much paperwork it's worth to you?
It's a one day Mobilis, so the loss isn't great. I don't think it was stamped by the machine, it refused to take it. I think that likely means it will still be good the next time I am here.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Wow, they reward people for polluting?! I also heard about the free Velib offer during days of high pollution. Are they trying to kill everyone off? The Chinese government might want to steal some tricks from the Parisians...
The note that pops up sometimes on some TV screens seems to say that it's free because of expected high pollution, which certainly means to me that they are rewarding everyone for doing the pollution!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:11 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's a one day Mobilis, so the loss isn't great. I don't think it was stamped by the machine, it refused to take it. I think that likely means it will still be good the next time I am here.
Moblis tickets should be valid as long as they were "un-used"--so if the machine did not stamp it, you should be OK for a future date. [Generally if a metro ticket has been used, there is a notation on the reverse side--RATP agents, do spot checks, looking for people who are in the system without paying, generally by jumping turnstiles, they look for a validation mark; otherwise just carrying an unused metro ticket would allow turnstile jumpers to ride free (perpetually).]

Follow-up question (for Metro experts): Why don't turnstile jumpers, carry validated metro tickets which people discard...many are thrown on the floor?

Last edited by nrr; Mar 17, 2014 at 6:10 am
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:31 am
iff

Transport is still free up through this evening (Monday, March 17) and includes
  • Roissybus
  • Orlybus
  • Orlyval
  • RER
  • Metro
  • Tramway
  • Bus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.