Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Marseille or Aix en Provence?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Hotel in Marseille or Aix en Provence?

Dear France experts

I'm flying to Marseille for a weekend trip next month. We are debating if we should stay at hotel in Marseille or in Aix-en-Provence? We just want to do some sightseeing so not sure which place would be best and also any suggestions of hotels are welcome, so far Music hotel and Adagio seem to be om

Thanks for any info
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Can't suggest hotels as I found Aix so dismal when I visited that I left rather than stay there; it is about the worst place that I found anywhere in Provence. A car is essential to get to the better places, at least to my taste.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
While it has been a few years I stayed at and would recommend the Hotel Cezanne in Aix as it's a nice boutique hotel within walking distance of both the train station and Cours Mirabeau.

Each room seemed a different decor and mine while simple had a wonderful antique closet door that had so much character it was a focal point of the room and complimented the bed and desk. Windows looking out on to the street and shaded by trees really made for a nice room.

I went a little over my budget to stay here and was glad I did as it was a pleasant stay. I hope that helps and enjoy Aix.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...l#post15032953
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
If you want a hotel with a view in Marseille:
- Sofitel Vieux Port: recently renovated, very nice view, but a bit expensive (a Novotel next to the Sofitel is cheaper)
- Radisson Blu Marseille: along the Vieux Port, with walking distance to historical centre
- Pullman: rooms are not huge, but all have view over the sea (having a car is better has the hotel is located along the Corniche)
- Le Petit Nice Passédat: Relais & Châteaux with lovely restaurant
- M Gallery: no pool but view over the Vieux Port for some rooms

Remember also that a new InterContinental will open in May 2013.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions and links.

The Sofitel looks very nice but a little bit too much for our budget, will check out the others.

We are going in January so will miss the new Intercontinental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.