Wiki Posts
Search

Early morning breakfast at Gare St. Lazare

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Early morning breakfast at Gare St. Lazare

We will be taking a day trip to Caen to visit the D-Day museum take their day tour. What our the breakfast options like in Gare. St. Lazare at 6 a.m. in the morning? IIRC, the trains that go to Caen do not have any food service cars.

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Just opposite the Saint-Lazare station:
http://operaparis.concorde-hotels.com/

Breakfast is at Eur 29
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Gare Lazare has been recently renovated into a mall, with not one, but several Starbucks and several other quick-bite food offerings. Nothing special but better than what you'd find on a train that had food service.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I did exactly this trip out of St. Lazare last week (the 7:15 train to Caen)

The Starbucks will be open for coffee and a small bite.

The small grocery store in the station lists on its door that it opens at 7am. When I did it was still closed at straight up 7 am on the nose. I had to board the train so I didn't check when it actually did open up.

I had packed a day lunch for us the night before. That "lunch" ended up being breakfast on the train with lunch becoming a bistro in Bayeux.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
BTW I did that tour a few months ago. Was really good.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Gare Lazare has been recently renovated into a mall, with not one, but several Starbucks
Always strange for me to spend some time in Paris and go ...to a Starbuck Coffee, in a city where you have plenty of local cafés and pâtisseries!!

Unless you really want frozen / hugely calorific food.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:01 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Always strange for me to spend some time in Paris and go ...to a Starbuck Coffee, in a city where you have plenty of local cafés and pâtisseries!!
My experience of Starbucks in Paris is that 90%* of the orders are not coffee based. They must be making a fortune charging €5 a pop for various syrup/ice/cream concoctions.

(They can also be rather good for the lactose-intolerant milky-coffee-drinkers.)

*an entirely made-up statistic, based on casual observation on some warm days...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Thanks for the info.

In march iirc the schedule correctly the train leaves at 6:45. Thus some places might still be closed. We should be able to find something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.