Search

Cool Cocktail bars and fun pubs - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Cool Cocktail bars and fun pubs - Paris

Ready to head off for a week in Paris in a few days.

I never seem to have a hard time finding good food, but finding a decent cocktail (at a not wallet busting price) and a fun drinking establishment (be it pub or lounge) has been more of a challenge.

Looking for recommendations for your favorite watering holes in Paris!

thanks - dergon
Old Nov 29, 2012, 5:45 am

52 Martinis is a good resource for finding cool bars and pubs at different price levels:

http://www.52martinis.com/
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! Looks like a great resource.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A friend of mine tells me that Experimental Cocktail Club at 37 Rue Saint-Sauveur in the 2nd is really good- great atmosphere and terrific bartenders.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: Many
The Harry's Bar is a must do.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19319429-post3.html
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AC
There are cheap mass market franchise places that look fun in central locations...ie bastille..
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AC_Good_Will
There are cheap mass market franchise places that look fun in central locations...ie bastille..

We ended up ducking out of a pouring rain into a place called "Frog & Rosbif". Totally an american style chain. But their own brew actually wasn't bad and the service was over-the-top prompt and friendly. The place was packed with partying and laughing 20-somethings. (I wouldn't eat there though ....menu looked like a TGIF )

Last edited by dergon darkhelm; Dec 15, 2012 at 7:21 am
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
We ended up ducking out of a pouring rain into a place called "Frog & Rosbif". Totally an american style chain. But their own brew actually wasn't bad and the service was over-the-top prompt and friendly. The place was packed with partying and laughing 20-somethings. (I wouldn't eat there though ....menu looked like a TGIF )
The "Frog and ..." bars are very popular with the expat community. I'd never go there on a 1-2 week visit to Paris but it fills a need if you're there long term and need some "comforts" of home. The burgers there aren't bad, but nothing I would seek out (and nothing like the burgers at Coffee Parsien across the street from the Frog and Princess in the 6eme). The only expat bar I might seek out on a trip is The Moose if trying to catch a high-profile NFL game or Fajitas (more of a restaurant...except for the Tequila slammers) to say "hello" to the proprietors.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Pubs

There's a Frog & Rosbif in my neighborhood. It's awfully rowdy when there's a soccer game on, but don't discount the food. Unless they've changed a lot in the last year they have a good hamburger(I once actually ate a duckburger with onion confit there), and the best cottage fries I've eaten recently.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta 3MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This!

http://www.academie-biere.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.