Wiki Posts
Search

2 nights in Bordeaux

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
2 nights in Bordeaux

My husband and I are traveling to France in March and spending 2 nights in Bordeaux. Does anyone have a wine tour they recommend? Is it worth booking in advance or better to wait? Any other recommendations are welcome .
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:11 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As your query is specific to one destination, let's move this to the France forum for the experts there to address. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.ophorus.com/day_trip.html
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
We did this: http://www.bordeaux-tours.com/uk/medoc1855.html while we were there last summer for a day trip to the Medoc region and had a good experience. They also have other options.

We typically avoid tours and do our own exploring but they were able to confirm us a 2nd growth and 2 4th growths (and I had thought we went to a 4th place but they only list 3 now) that we otherwise would not have been able to book without any local connections.

Also, we were staying in St. Emilion and they picked us up from all they way out there for a small extra charge, another reason we went with the tour instead of spending the whole day driving.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 4:41 pm

The Jan 2013 France magazine has a travel article on Bordeaux. It tours the most impressive chatêau vineyards.

Bobette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.