Best time to visit Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best time to visit Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I was in Paris in late July this year. The weather was perfect. I prefer to avoid July and August in Paris because the weather can be really hot, but this time it was great. You just never know. I visited Paris five years ago, again in late July and the weather was also wonderful.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:32 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I went in July several years ago... it rained nearly every day! That was quite unexpected but did not deter me and my daughter very much at all.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:39 pm
Original Member

I love paris in the spring time
I love paris in the fall
I love paris in the summer when it sizzles
I love paris in the winter when it drizzles

Well, someone had to.

With apologies to Cole Porter (and props to the Chairman of the Board).
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:36 am

We went last spring.. It was lovely! There was still that crisp coldness in the air but beautiful blue skies! The one thing I liked was that there didn´t seem to be as many tourists as I recall a few years previously. I would really love to go during the winter.. I´ve heard its rather magical!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Just with the way my life travels work out I have never been to Paris in Spring or Summer.

Twice in October - both wonderful. Light crowds, cool temps good for strolling.

Twice in early March - once was great, the other was that wickedly cold winter of 2005-2006 and we caught a rough patch of weather. Only that last trip was cold enough to inhibit by enjoyment a bit.

And we're heading over again in the first week of December. - It will likely be a bit wet and chilly and will get dark early, but lit up with lights.....and it's still Paris whenever you go.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Just with the way my life travels work out I have never been to Paris in Spring or Summer.

Twice in October - both wonderful. Light crowds, cool temps good for strolling.

Twice in early March - once was great, the other was that wickedly cold winter of 2005-2006 and we caught a rough patch of weather. Only that last trip was cold enough to inhibit by enjoyment a bit.

And we're heading over again in the first week of December. - It will likely be a bit wet and chilly and will get dark early, but lit up with lights.....and it's still Paris whenever you go.
too bad you're going in dec, you will not get a chance to meet the crowd from the mid west, and from germany, let alone the texans. paris is best when the tourists are home watching nfl.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by bevoinva
OP here. Just an update - I was able to book award tickets for the last week of May. Looking forward to a nice relaxing trip!
great choice!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Our December trip was a great success. A bit of rain, a bit cold..... but it was still Paris and there were quite small crowds.

In Normandy we had the whole of Omaha beach to ourselves!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

today is dec 15. we are in Lyon. this musy be at least our 15th visit to france in nov-feb. NO tourists. got to be the best time to go. i do not miss tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.