Wiki Posts
Search

Orly Car Service?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Orly Car Service?

Anyone have recommendations on a good Orly car service? 4 of us will be arriving on Open Skies, and want a nice ride into our Left Bank hotel.

(Don't need recommendations for a bus, or for RER or other mass transit, but thanks anyway. We'd rather outlay the cash for a private car service to the hotel.)

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA
Try Uber (download onto your smart phone), they are operating now in Paris. When you get in just fire up the app (you'll need to have registered, etc.), let it pick up your GPS coordinates, then push the button for a black car. It will tell you how long before one shows up and you can track the black car all the way into your location via the app. Quite nice.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:39 pm

Uber's airport rates seem quite reasonable. I'm staying at the Park Hyatt Vendome, so it will cost mrsmicah and me 24 Euros and require three trains and a 5-10 minute walk to take the Orlyval + RER, while UberPop is only 30 Euros and UberX is only 40 Euros.

Is there a catch (aside from the Pop cars presumably being really small)? Do peak rate multiples get applied by Uber frequently in Paris?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Orly Car Service?

Uber is very good as well as Le Cab. I use both all the time and have stopped driving my car.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Assuming no traffic, taxi prices will be very similar to Uber. If you have 3 people, you'll probably save a few euros if you take a taxi than if you take OrlyVAL+RER. Uber works too, and is just as good. Not sure if you can use UberX.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:18 pm

We used UberPop and UberX several times on a recent trip to Paris and were very pleased. We used UberPop from ORY to our hotel on the right bank and from our hotel to CDG, and there was no charge beyond the flat fare (which I'm pretty confident was cheaper than a taxi). We also used UberPop once in town and used UberX a couple times when UberPop didn't have cars nearby.

We had one UberPop car that was a very basic Renault, but the other two were an Alpha Romeo and a Lexus, both very small models but with comfortable leather seats. Our UberX rides were in a Peugot 508 and whatever the equivalent Renault sedan is.

We only encountered surge pricing once, on Friday evening around 6pm when it was at 1.75x. But we were in a hurry so we went with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.