Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a suggestion on how to spent 7 hours in CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Looking for a suggestion on how to spent 7 hours in CDG

I am arriving CDG T2A on Air Tahiti at 9 am. Next flight is at 4 pm on AF. Is there any place in CDG to recuperate? I am AA Gold.
Thank you
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
What cabin are you flying in?

IMHO, CDG is a dreadful place. It might be a good time to practice consuming your favorite adult beverage.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Unfortunately, as AA Gold, your status alone won't confer any lounge benefits. You didn't mention what class of service you were flying, but you may have more lounge options if you happened to be flying business or first.

Since this query isn't specific to AA (since your status won't be of much help), and you're not arriving or departing on AA, I think you'll probably get more help from our experts over at the France forum. They'll be able to give more guidance re: things to do within CDG or what you could do should you want to venture outside of the airport during your layover.

/Moderator
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
There is a somewhat nice lounge and restaurant in the Sheraton hotel (which is attached to the CDG terminal, by the rail station, so you don't even need to go outside!). That is probably the best food and environment to spend time in; otherwise pretty bleak airport though I think there is a supermarket with some interesting items. The airside Schengen lounges are pretty bleak too, so not missing much by not having access.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all your replies.

CDG is a dreadful place
In fact I like it since it usually takes much less than in LHR to get out. But I never spent time in it.

What cabin are you flying in?
Economy. Award ticket.

your status alone won't confer any lounge benefits.
I know. I was thinking to buy a pass to AA lounge to let my wife and myself to recycle a bit. A shower, a comfortable chair, food, and drinks are things that I am looking for. I was once in AA lounge in LHR as a Plat and I found all those amenities very attractive. Anyway, there is no shower in AA lounge in CDG.

What about AirFrance? Do they have facility in CDG that I can use?

Is there any place in CDG that I can store my luggage?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: DL FO
As you have no status and not flying any premium cabin, you are not entitled to AF lounges.
About your luggage, 2 possibilities.
1. As TN and AF codeshare, you should be able to check your lugage to your final destination.
2. Even if they refuse, you can go to your AF terminal and should be able to check them in as AF counters are always open.

Where are you flying to after your TN flight? Facilities in the airport depends a lot on your terminal: the Schengen 2F is too small.... to spend even 2.5 hours.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
A 7 hour layover is more than enough time to take the RER into Paris, spend a few hours there, then return to CDG.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:48 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Excellent set lunch or la carte menu and wine list at the Sheraton's upscale restaurant Les Etoiles (not Les Saisons, more a Brasserie style).
Old Jul 5, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by cdiver
I know. I was thinking to buy a pass to AA lounge to let my wife and myself to recycle a bit. A shower, a comfortable chair, food, and drinks are things that I am looking for. I was once in AA lounge in LHR as a Plat and I found all those amenities very attractive. Anyway, there is no shower in AA lounge in CDG.
Your onward AF flight will likely be from a different terminal or hall. So unless your onward flight departs from 2A, you will not be able to access the AA Admirals Club lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.