Search

Paris - with 2 toddlers - June - CDG xfer - Apt rental

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by obiwan
Thanks for all the info

We have just turned 2 and 4 yos .....
Taxi seems like a good idea, don't know about car seats ? I saw one post here from a while back that states it is not a requirement.
That may push us towards RER though I absolutely do NOT relish the idea..

Checked all the citadens, no availability except Citadines Prestige Les Halles but on its website its states construction ongoing till aug 2011. Anyone know how bad is it ?

Did not get a good feel about airbnb for the dates we are travelling, the vrbo seems a good bet.

We plan to stay in the city, sort of the first long distance trip and depending how it goes, will start doing more.
I cant wait till 5/6 yos like my parents did with us.......

I second JoostvD for being a brave man.... maybe help us out for our travel planning :-) I must say the baggage has cut down significantly as we have figured out how to travel with kids. I dont expect more than 2 large rolling duffels/suitcases and a neat/trim double stroller
You don't need a car seat in taxis -- unless you feel the need to have them. Negotiating baggage and small children in the metro/RER system is not easy. I would recommend taxi (not cheap, but factored into our budget for such travel with only the one toddler) as just a more stress free way of doing it.

tb
Old May 20, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: KLM, Thalys
Many thanks for the kind words

It is not really a matter of bravery, it is more a question of organisation. Yes, it is important not to bring too much baggage. It is difficult enough with small children, but to have to watch and move the children and the baggage can be difficult.

But, with less baggage, it is much easier.

Good luck and I hope you and your family enjoy Paris.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
1. Forget RER/Metro/Bus -- with two young ones go for a taxi; you will have plenty of time to save some money by eating at home vs. having to have all your meals in restaurants.

2. I have rented 3 times from this company:
http://www.parisrentaparts.com/PBCPP...ERM&varLang=US
This is the 6th arr list; I stayed at the St. Sulpice property; the only problem is no air condition but I usually travel in the fall. It is in the center of life in the 6th; there is a couple of great full supermarkets (Monoprix and Carrefour) no more than 4-5 blocks away; plenty of little restaurants and plenty of children in the area; that apt is 4 blocks from Luxembourg gardens.
e-mail the company and ask to have Mr. Rossi respond to you; he is the manager (I have not met him but her seems on top of things).

The link does not work but it takes you to the website; click on home and then click on Luxembourg; it will take you to the list of apartments available in the 6th.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:12 pm
ts3

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, BAEC, SPG, UA, AF
1. Taxi, no doubt. Or a private car service. I've done taxi with 4 y.o. who was later 6 y.o. and he love the ride!

2. I have rented from Adrian Leeds and her Parler Paris Apartments several times: http://www.adrianleeds.com/parlerparis/apartments/ She is an American who helps other Americans buy apartments in Paris and then assists with rentals, moving, you name it. She specializes in Le Marais (3rd and 4th), which is a great area to stay in especially with kids: lots of cool stuff to gawk at, cool little shops, restaurants, traiteur (kind of a deli but with hot foods, take home and microwave), etc.

On a side note: take the kids to Le Jardin du Luxembourg. There is a great playground and carousel in the (I think) southwest corner of the park. My kiddo LOVED it.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Taxi from CDG was a great idea with the kids and luggage.

Taxi back to CDG....not so much
Leaving on Saturday and stuck on the road due to the first public day of the paris air show.

Left 2arr around 0930 for a 1345 dep. Time stuck in traffic 90mins ! not counting the time it took to get there.
Thankfully the kids were asleep

Thanks for all the suggestions, worked out well.

The museum of industry for the kids was a big hit.
Jardin lux was nice, odd that there is a charge for adults to get in the playground

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.