Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Point bargains to CPH and OSL from HEL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

HEL-OSL is 10000 plus points and HEL-CPH is 15000. But the funny thing is that they´re saying it´s only valid in economy and departure from other airports in Finland are allowed for the same amount of points. But wait. I go check it and Finnair IT has done a great job, once again. Biz is the same amount of points as eco and other than HEL as departure gives you the regular point amount. How wrong can they get it?

Kööpenhamina 15 000 Plus-pistettä
Oslo 10 000 Plus-pistettä

Myyntiaika 16.–19.6.2009. Matkustusaika 22.6.–9.8.2009.

Minimiperilläoloaika: 2 päivää. Maksimiperilläoloaika: matkustusajan puitteissa.

Säännöt ja ehdot (Plus-piste-tarjous)

Myyntiaika 16.–22.6.2009. Matkustusaika 22.6.–9.8.2009.

Minimiperilläoloaika: 1 yö. Maksimiperilläoloaika: matkustusajan puitteissa.

Tarjoushinnat sisältävät Finnairin meno-paluulennon turistiluokassa Helsingistä yhdelle hengelle. Suomen sisäiset liittymälennot sisältyvät pisteveloitukseen.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
This offer just shows how pitiful the Finnair plus program has become. Even with the mistake C-class fare it is still 15k points + around 80€ in surcharges to CPH while with the SAS summer bargains it is 9k miles in C (roughly 15k points) + around 30€ in real taxes.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by tsastor
This offer just shows how pitiful the Finnair plus program has become. Even with the mistake C-class fare it is still 15k points + around 80€ in surcharges to CPH while with the SAS summer bargains it is 9k miles in C (roughly 15k points) + around 30€ in real taxes.
Yeah, the fuel surcharges kill it. If it would work at the reduced rate from other domestic airports it would still have 150 EUR in taxes'n'surcharges - a really crappy value IMHO.

Burn the miles on upgrades and biz awards, that's my mantra.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Btw, when redeeeming Finnair s/h with Asia Miles, the fuel etc. surcharges appear at lower than 40 euro per person.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

At the same time they´re selling flights to OSL for 129 or so. That´s a 50 euro difference for the point rate, plus instead of using points you get some.

Finnair should get rid of the surcharge and this would be great value. With it it´s very so-so.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:45 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I guess some of the taxes are unavoidable. But the 15 eur booking fee for internet reservations certainly is!

150 eur for a return business class trip + domestic connections, however, I might be able to survive and afford

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.