Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Lounge access in HEL for 18€

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:33 am
Original Poster

OT: Lounge access in HEL for 18€

If you join Finnair´s own travel agency´s "club" SMT Club (free of charge) you get some benefits. Other than the 18 euro access to SSP´s lounges, Tower, Gateway etc the club membership isn´t useful at all. But I like the lounge access if I have to wait at HEL.

http://www.smt.fi/smtclub

ALOITA MATKASI MUKAVASTI LOUNGESSA
Nauti aamiaisesi rauhallisessa ja viihtyisässä loungessa Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla. SMT Clubin jäsenten käytettävissä ovat erikoishinnoilla seuraavat SSP-lounget niin Shengen- kuin Non-Schengen -alueella. Loungessa on tarjolla aamiaista sekä myöhemmin päivällä salaatteja tai muuta suolapalaa sekä virvokkeita ja alkoholijuomia.

SMT Clubilaiset sekä heidän mukana matkustavat seuralaiset saavat palvelun erikoishinnalla, 18 e/henkilö, joka veloitetaan suoraan asiakkaalta. Hinta edellyttää SMT Club -kortin näyttämistä. Loungen palveluista voi nauttia enintään 3 tuntia/käynti.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Hmmm. That's quite a decent deal - considering the price of the cafes, bars and restaurants at HEL in general. But does this include access to the Silver Wings lounge? Food offerings in other lounges are frankly quite appalling, but SW is okay in that department. If not then the price is OK only if you are planning on getting wasted .

I'd take this over the 99€ business class upgrade deal every day - you get most of the same benefits for much cheaper. Plus it works for all airlines, including LCCs.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

They run the Gateway, Gateway Fresh and Gateway Tower lounges. I haven´t been to all of them, but Gateway Tower is pretty good.

This offer is intresting if looking for a few beers or one needs to wait for some reason for more than expected. A it´s my home airport I try to arrive the latest possible and that means no real need for lounge services if everything goes as planned.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
They run the Gateway, Gateway Fresh and Gateway Tower lounges. I haven´t been to all of them, but Gateway Tower is pretty good.
All of these lounges are also accessible with Priority Pass.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:03 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I'd take this over the 99€ business class upgrade deal every day - you get most of the same benefits for much cheaper. Plus it works for all airlines, including LCCs.
Ah, but sitting on the AC side in the Airbus 319 biz cabin, having the archipelago menu and sipping on some quality French white...And watching the clouds below go by...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:01 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by mosburger
Ah, but sitting on the AC side in the Airbus 319 biz cabin, having the archipelago menu and sipping on some quality French white...And watching the clouds below go by...
...or sitting on 2A with a big, burly man occupying 2C in ERJ-190 with 2 rows of business class, all seats occupied and the two FAs busy serving cold wraps and beer to the folks behind the curtain

Sometimes it is worth it, even without the miles. Sometimes it is not.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Can foreigners become with non-finnish address become SMT-club members?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Foreigners don´t seem to be able to join. Send me a PM and I can forward the card to you once it arrives.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
once it arrives.
Getting the card took somewhere between 2 and 3 months for me last year, I hope they have improved.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 7:39 am
Original Poster

I ordered mine about at the time of posting it here. No card yet. They´re not in a rush.

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Jul 7, 2009 at 7:39 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.