Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY points posted or not?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 1:25 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
AY points posted or not?

During the last couple of months, none of my AY flights have been automatically credited to the BAEC account, despite of having the card number in the reservation, e-ticket printout and actually showing the card at the gates/check in. More than 50% of the retroactive claims then become rejected for some reason. BAEC says it is Finnair´s fault - which I actually do believe. What strings to pull to have this problem sorted out? A severe breach to the OW co-operation and very annoying also!
Old May 30, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
I have same problem. Out of 8 flights none credited automaticly and after claiming missing miles, 2 credited and other 6 were rejected. Irritating...
Old Jul 3, 2009, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Any update here? I seem to have the same problem with HEL-LHR flight on AY connecting to LHR-HKG on QF. QF flight posted in two days without any problems...
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:44 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Took a couple of calls to Exec. club to sort out the problem. And two months for the points to be posted... Nowadays I do keep the boarding passes whenever they are issued in case that something has to be claimed using fax or mail.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
The great miles chase 2009

I called Finnair 4 times. I called BAEC 3 times and last time we agreed that I make them a spreadsheet of all flights missing miles credit. I included etix number and they promised to all the work for me. They only accept faxes and no email which is a small annoyance.

Once you have claimed missing miles through BAEC online system and your claim is rejected, you can't make a new claim so only option is to call BAEC. But we should remember that there is an airline in the emerald isle that dont even have working telephone number for complaints

Finnair told me that they don't know what's wrong with their system. BAEC said that they can not see whats going on in Finnair's system. Credit to both airlines that their customer service has been very friendly and compassionate, but I still haven't got my miles

It should not be this hard!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
I was really surprised yesterday when I notified TPs from my AY flight on my BAEC account. It took nearly three months to post, one claim and one phone call to BAEC. What is weird I received 5 TPs and Mrs. Anselmi got 20 TPs. Same flight, same non-refundable fare class. My flight was dated correctly but hers flying date was dated one month earlier than what it actually was.

What to say. Thanks Finnair. It took a long time to post miles but maybe the extra 15 TPs were a compensation.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Anselmi
What to say. Thanks Finnair. It took a long time to post miles but maybe the extra 15 TPs were a compensation.
A few years back I regularly got 20TPs for non-TP earning AY flights I think only for flight sectors originating in HEL. At the time I thought it could have been related to the difference between AY and BA about full-miles earning fare classes (BA only YHB, AY quite a few more).
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC Elite
I must have lucked out

I flew SVO-HEL last week. Checked in with SU for the AY flight and gave my BA card for points credit and they posted in about three days.

AC is not as fast crediting flights to their own program when flying on their own metal!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 3:00 pm

Miles posted

Missing miles from AY flights posted to my BAEC account yesterday.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by vulle
Any update here? I seem to have the same problem with HEL-LHR flight on AY connecting to LHR-HKG on QF. QF flight posted in two days without any problems...
Thanks for the updates ^

Got back to Finland on Friday, I guess QF points will be posted shortly. Probably will need to hunt for AY points...

OT, QF's Y+ is an excellent product! Good service and quite comfortable too. On the way back on 747-400 on Friday Y+ passengers were seated in lower business cabin as business passengers were seated in upper business cabin and in first cabin. QF doesn't sell first on some routes for the moment as the demand is too low - on those routes Y+ passengers get to sit in business cabin, some Y passengers in Y+ cabin and some C passengers in F cabin. If I'm heading to HKG later this year again I'll certainly take QF in Y+!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.