Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I see SK has zeroed all flights HEL-ARN the next few days. Next seat available is on Tuesday next week. Looks very odd. I doubt they are sold out, but on the other hand, SK could easily bring enough fuel for the round trip.
I Have a SIN flight coming up. Such an rare event for me to do AY it would just be my luck if cancellations starts soon...

I haven't kept up with local news, is any resolution in sight?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by haapalainen
With the help of tankering and additional fuel stops they were going to somewhat survive for two weeks but now it's going to get very difficult as no fuel is delivered to HEL for a third week in a row. I am expecting a lot of cancellations next week unless the strikes are called off.
Today´s extension did to my knowledge include notification from unions to exclude HEL kerosine deliveries from strikes scope, so that air traffic could operate normally despite of strikes.
r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FlyingAY
Today´s extension did to my knowledge include notification from unions to exclude HEL kerosine deliveries from strikes scope, so that air traffic could operate normally despite of strikes.
This is great news, thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by intuition
I see SK has zeroed all flights HEL-ARN the next few days. Next seat available is on Tuesday next week. Looks very odd. I doubt they are sold out, but on the other hand, SK could easily bring enough fuel for the round trip.
I Have a SIN flight coming up. Such an rare event for me to do AY it would just be my luck if cancellations starts soon...

I haven't kept up with local news, is any resolution in sight?
I googled a Finnish web-page source that said the fuel supply would only be restored on March 25th, so it seems likely then that flights could potentially be cancelled up to 25th. Im flying HKG to ARN on the 28th, so I need the flight leaving 27th from HEL to go as normal to HKG..
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by RobHK
I googled a Finnish web-page source that said the fuel supply would only be restored on March 25th, so it seems likely then that flights could potentially be cancelled up to 25th.
There´s no imminent lack of fuel resources at HEL. Supply remains regulated and rationed as per originally published NOTAM.
Would they actually see the bottom of the barrel and be running out, there would be advance information and warning published through NOTAMs for operators. Expect supply to improve latest from 25th onward.

Any flight can anytime potentially be cancelled for any reason - keep calm and fly
SPBanker and intuition like this.

Last edited by FlyingAY; Mar 21, 2024 at 12:22 am
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Five Towns Inn

In final of 31R
What's the AY policy on these. Can one just arrange reasonably priced accomodations by oneself and expense it afterwards? I understand this works with meals at least.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
NW24/25

7/7 DFW

NS25
3/7 KKN via IVL (ATR72) — new!
7/7 HND and NRT
3/7 NGO
+ 5/7 TLL
+ 5/7 RIX
+ 2/7 VNO
Old Apr 9, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I have seen some A319/A321 on TLL HEL loaded for Summer 2025.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

A32x sometimes go to MX to TLL. Have you seen them with normal flight numbers?

Maybe it is related to cruise ships?

And: How did you see flights more than 365 days out?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by florens
A32x sometimes go to MX to TLL. Have you seen them with normal flight numbers?

Maybe it is related to cruise ships?

And: How did you see flights more than 365 days out?
Just checked first week of April on expertflyer. It seems the evening HEL TLL and early morning TLL HEL will have such airbus and afternoon as well. This is not school holidays by then in Estonia, so it might be something more permanent. Same flight numbers as usual, just not operated by N7.
florens likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ranskis
Just checked first week of April on expertflyer. It seems the evening HEL TLL and early morning TLL HEL will have such airbus and afternoon as well. This is not school holidays by then in Estonia, so it might be something more permanent. Same flight numbers as usual, just not operated by N7.
Very interesting!

Kirkenes schedule as follows:
Spoiler

niksal likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I enjoy hiking, and the Kirkenes area provides some interesting opportunities. I welcome this, and the schedule looks very good as well!
florens likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:24 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by niksal
I enjoy hiking, and the Kirkenes area provides some interesting opportunities. I welcome this, and the schedule looks very good as well!
Schedule looks terrible for those not based in HEL!
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.