Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Upgraded every time? & baggage allowance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

My partner (oneworld Ruby through BA Bronze) gets automatically assigned an AY A350 Premium Economy seat on our regular LHR-HEL-LHR (we always take the A350 and it’s usually with Premium Econ too) free of charge (conscious that this is just Economy on this route), whereas I (oneworld Sapphire through BA Silver) get presented with a fee to select these seats. The strange thing is that I can select any Economy seat (including Comfort) free of charge, whereas she would have to pay even for a seat at the back of the plane. Why does she get this every time, when other seats are available elsewhere too?

Also, if I redeem LHR-HEL through BA using Avios, as a OW Sapphire holder, what is my checked baggage allowance? BA’s site tells me 2x 32 kg but the AY app tells me I am entitled to just 1.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Hard to say why that happens. If they do not have an advance seat assingment, perhaps the ”best” vacant seats are awarded before checkin (in the theoretical seating roulette) in accordance with customer value and all OWEs and OWSs already have advance seat reservations. PE seats are chargeable for OWS in general.

Your baggage allowance for Y award in X class should be 2x23 kg (one piece as per ticket and one as per OWS status).
mpkz likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Precious glitch As an AY Plat/OWE I should fork out 60€ for a PE seat...
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:11 am

It's very random outside of Lumos. I had a friend with no status get allocated one of those seats. I'm curious whether the seating algo AY uses has any special indicator for those seats or whether they're assigned as randomly as other seats (exc eco comfort which I've never heard anyone getting randomly assigned, but could be wrong)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.