Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Singapore (SIN) Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2023, 12:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Pretty much +1 on that.
I think the guy in the bar is less robotic. I had good drinks and chats there.
But with time permitting, no reason you can't have both. Pre-dinner drinks at QR and follow-up at QF. And AY132 usually departs closer to QF so that's even logistically sound!
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by juhanh
I’ll stick to OF F lounge for the personable Aussie style service and food that has some flair to it.
Would you still move from the QR lounge to the QF one if you were to enter the latter as a business class passenger/no access to F section?
Old Aug 2, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by aster
Would you still move from the QR lounge to the QF one if you were to enter the latter as a business class passenger/no access to F section?
I would probably stay in QR if couldnt access QF F.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I take it the QR lounge is mostly about an a la carte dining experience whereas the QF one has the widest buffet selection?

How do the two (QR vs QF for business pax) compare regarding drinks?
Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: AY Plat
I take it the QR lounge is mostly about an a la carte dining experience whereas the QF one has the widest buffet selection?

Haven't been to the QR lounge there, but QF J has some really good Bloody Marys.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 5:20 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS

Last time at SIN, I was indulging in the cocktail menus both at the QF F side and QR J. While they do cocktails at QR, I didn’t find them particularly good, not even after some considerable ”appetizers” at QF F.

I was also surprised that the QR bar staff couldn’t accommodate rather ordinary requests outside the menu (asked for a Daiquiri) but rather directed me to pick something from the cocktail list on the menu.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
QR Lounge does a great espresso martini!!

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 6, 2023, 3:37 pm

Don't really want to go into la carte territory this time around, so in terms of buffets the QF lounge is a good choice (as a J pax) in SIN?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Don't really want to go into la carte territory this time around, so in terms of buffets the QF lounge is a good choice (as a J pax) in SIN?
Yes. The QF J lounge has an excellent selection of more Western choices with their signature coleslaw, greens and desserts.

Don't overlook the a la carte laksa, it is one of the best in Changi even better than the one served in SQ J IMHO.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
QF F buffet selection is mostly nonexistent, or we have a different understanding of the word buffet. I mean it's just 6 boxes of mostly salty biscuits. I'd argue that the QF F lounge is mostly about the à la carte dining and the showers actually. The bar is also good.

Note that it opens at 14:30 which can be a problem for very long transits. But some people will doubtlessly argue that you should the city if you arrive earlier at SIN than that.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:04 pm

I will be on AY in J so no access to any F lounges unfortunately.

I would prefer local food but don't necessarily want to go down the a-la-carte route so a decent buffet spread would be ideal. But if the QR lounge serves up some really good local cuisine then I guess I should rethink my options...
Old Sep 1, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Courmisch
QF F buffet selection is mostly nonexistent, or we have a different understanding of the word buffet. I mean it's just 6 boxes of mostly salty biscuits. I'd argue that the QF F lounge is mostly about the à la carte dining and the showers actually. The bar is also good.

Note that it opens at 14:30 which can be a problem for very long transits. But some people will doubtlessly argue that you should the city if you arrive earlier at SIN than that.
Apologies for the silly question, but assume I'd have access to QF F with JAL F booked with miles? I have a late 10:30pm flight so will likely do some lounge bopping and the JAL website only mentioned that priority pass one..
Old Sep 2, 2023, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Apologies for the silly question, but assume I'd have access to QF F with JAL F booked with miles? I have a late 10:30pm flight so will likely do some lounge bopping and the JAL website only mentioned that priority pass one..
Normal Oneworld access rules should apply. They probably would like you to use the PP lounge because its cheaper per entry.

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline, though exclusions apply. Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available. First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline. Access is available on the day of travel (or before 06:00am the following day), at the airport from which the oneworld flight on which the eligible customer is travelling departs.

QR lounge should be ok also.

Qatar Airways' Al Safwa First and Al Mourjan Business lounges in Doha (DOH) and Qatar Airways' Premium Lounges are excluded. However, oneworld members holding First or Business Class tickets on Qatar Airways or other oneworld members are invited to use the lounges.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jorma
Normal Oneworld access rules should apply. They probably would like you to use the PP lounge because its cheaper per entry.

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline, though exclusions apply. Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available. First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline. Access is available on the day of travel (or before 06:00am the following day), at the airport from which the oneworld flight on which the eligible customer is travelling departs.

QR lounge should be ok also.

Qatar Airways' Al Safwa First and Al Mourjan Business lounges in Doha (DOH) and Qatar Airways' Premium Lounges are excluded. However, oneworld members holding First or Business Class tickets on Qatar Airways or other oneworld members are invited to use the lounges.
Thank you!

Edit: i checked the one world lounge finder and saw the below, since I'm on award ticket does that mean I won't have access?

"For Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business class ticketed revenue customers only"

Last edited by Warriorconcept; Sep 2, 2023 at 6:11 am
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Thank you!

Edit: i checked the one world lounge finder and saw the below, since I'm on award ticket does that mean I won't have access?

"For Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business class ticketed revenue customers only"
I dont know how JL award tickets are, but atleast AY awards get you in. Award ticket is actually revenue ticket. Non revenue is staff ect tickets.
So Im 99% sure you get in, but please dont hold it againts me if for some reason dont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.