Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pandemic - all points lost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 11:29 am
Original Poster

yes they were naturally important to keep but I had other important matters to deal with such as a heart attack and a bypass operation after that so Finnair was not on top of my list until now - now that my health can handle flying again..

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
If 60k points were important to me, I would frequently monitor those points and AY personal statement.
psusaver likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lento
No idea. Probably the same way you describe.

However, if I was in such situations I would have donated 1000 points before March 2022 to extend validity for next 18 months. I have done similar things with my Ihg account, bought online newspaper for something like 200 points.
Yes of course.
My point is that it is kind of easy to get a feeling of false security. If your take-away from AY communication is "they will protect my points during these difficult times", you might relax a bit too much and miss that deadlline.
cantongirl likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Originally Posted by wabisabi
I had approximately 60000+ points in my Finnair Plus and a Silver status. I have no longer been able to travel because of the pandemic and other reasons but expected to start again toward the end of this year - waiting for the covid omicron booster shots.
I used to fly Finnair once a month before the pandemic - now my status will be gone in a few weeks it appears.
having signed into my Finnair account to check for first flight I need to take this October I was shocked to see my points balance as 0 points!
i have lost all my points which I has kept to use for upgrade to go to Japan as soon as they open up for down travelers again!
is it normal that Finnair doesn’t even let you know?? I understand that a lot of time has passed and I was prepared to lose my status as Silver because of this by I had no idea I would lose all my hard earned points! Very upsetting and not a nice thing for the airline to do when they must know that people still struggle to fly due to covid fears - I am in a risk group.
To add I also had credit for a cancelled flight with ebookers but the app says they do not know how long they are valid and to contact the airline (Finnair) - I am not very hopeful of being able to use that credit now either.
I have been very loyal to Finnair all these years until the pandemic and it feels very unfair that they just dismiss you when you are no longer able to fly due to these unforeseen circumstances!
Have you tried reaching a human person at Finnair's marketing or whatever team handles their Loyalty program?

You might be able to talk to them about the extenuating circumstances and other things and see if they can do anything for you.. Even if points cant be given, see if they can start you off again at a higher level with a challenge or something so once you start flying, your points gain are at least having a bonus? .. this would probably mean trying to locate the right person or right email and then they should be willing to receive some attachements like (hospital records if needed) to show the circumstances.. Worth a shot..
ffay005, Steve_Hun and cantongirl like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
I know one close person who in similar way lost about 60k points due to inactivity - no warnings whatsoever.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:10 pm

I actually made small purchases through Alaska Air shopping and all 4 of our family accounts became active again...I didn't need to contact Alaska, just shopped.

I lost a 6 figure amount of miles through Bank of America years ago, as I didn't realize they expired, even if account was actve.

I try to be more proactive now..LOL..
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.