Wiki Posts
Search

Aging up-grade vouchers?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 2:45 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pchanxx
To the best of my knowledge, the changing fee is also waived for Gold and Plat members.
For awards yes, but not for regular upgraded whY tickets.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:48 pm

Do they actually hold the U seat for you when they are rebooking the flight just to change the date? I know they can't do that if rerouting is involved.
What you mean by ”holding the U seat”? If you have a confirmed seat on day1 and you change to day2 (with U available) there’s no need to ”hold” anything?
Old May 26, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
For awards yes, but not for regular upgraded whY tickets.
Thank you for the correction.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
What you mean by ”holding the U seat”? If you have a confirmed seat on day1 and you change to day2 (with U available) there’s no need to ”hold” anything?
I just tried changing the destination of my voucher-upgraded one-way ticket last week. The WhatsApp agent told me that I might risk losing the upgrade when he was rebooking since he couldn't lock/hold the new seat for me. Someone might have booked the new seat ahead of the agent. Maybe that's only the case for rerouting.

FYI, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34263734-post2058.html and https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34263980-post2059.html
Old May 26, 2022, 3:55 pm

OK, of course if the U bucket is taken just minutes/seconds before the agent changes the base ticket…sure, but that risk is rather small, I’d say?

Some risk with everything I guess, ”life’s a bi*** and then you die” -said someone much wiser than me😎
pchanxx likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I just tried changing the destination of my voucher-upgraded one-way ticket last week.
How do you go about changing a destination on your ticket? Under what circumstances is that allowed (without extra payment)? I'm asking because I have a ticket where there has been a significant schedule change and would like to change the destination, but apparently they don't allow it anymore as a rule.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
How do you go about changing a destination on your ticket? Under what circumstances is that allowed (without extra payment)? I'm asking because I have a ticket where there has been a significant schedule change and would like to change the destination, but apparently they don't allow it anymore as a rule.
I did that within 24hrs of purchasing/redeeming the ticket.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:03 pm

OK, of course if the U bucket is taken just minutes/seconds before the agent changes the base ticket…sure, but that risk is rather small, I’d say?

Some risk with everything I guess, ”life’s a bi*** and then you die” -said someone much wiser than me😎
I've been monitoring HEL-SIN/BKK for weeks. U seats come and go pretty fast.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:12 pm

I've been monitoring HEL-SIN/BKK for weeks. U seats come and go pretty fast.
How close to dep. have you seen U to SIN?
Old May 26, 2022, 4:15 pm

How close to dep. have you seen U to SIN?
I'm checking Aug and Sep. Haven't seen U to SIN in two weeks. HEL-SIN is really the toughest route. I guess many business customers buy U tickets with cash?
Old May 26, 2022, 4:45 pm

I'm checking Aug and Sep. Haven't seen U to SIN in two weeks. HEL-SIN is really the toughest route. I guess many business customers buy U tickets with cash?
Yes, SIN is traditionally _the_ toughest, indeed. Aug/Sep… ok so that is still ”normal” award availability and not within the 60d waitlist window (if it works as we’ve been told).

Usually when I’ve snapped instant U to SIN I’ve booked >6 months in advance, sometimes even full 11.. you can get lucky, as many do, but it’s hard to find confirmed seats and that’s why many hate it, especially those of us who’d rather stay home than fly in whY to SIN..

SIN is also the route to/from Down Under plus it gets lots of non Finnish pax, all over Europe and also from the US.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:51 pm

Yes, SIN is traditionally _the_ toughest, indeed. Aug/Sep… ok so that is still ”normal” award availability and not within the 60d waitlist window (if it works as we’ve been told).

Usually when I’ve snapped instant U to SIN I’ve booked >6 months in advance, sometimes even full 11.. you can get lucky, as many do, but it’s hard to find confirmed seats and that’s why many hate it, especially those of us who’d rather stay home than fly in whY to SIN..

SIN is also the route to/from Down Under plus it gets lots of non Finnish pax, all over Europe and also from the US.
I was so lucky enough to have instantly secured a U seat with a LH voucher. Still want to move it to an earlier date tho but no luck yet...

Last edited by pchanxx; May 26, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 5:00 pm

I was so lucky enough to have instantly secured a U seat in Sep with a LH voucher. Still want to move it to an earlier date tho but no luck yet...
I’m working on a bit similar dilemma, I grabbed PE Flex out / J in to SIN (J on the outbound was astronomically expensive…) and waitlisting for the the PE->J upgrade..not having my hopes high and have started the mental preparation to fly LH behind the curtain for the first time in years..I really want to take the trip and not very flexible with the dates either so don’t share your luxury there..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.