Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Changes to Gold seat benefits from 19 January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Gold seat benefits from 19 January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
TK does not allow free exit row seats nor first row seats for Elites. Actually I suppose first rows are always assigned at the airport.
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by r2d2
Extra legroom = Exit row. A Gold friend has reservations where he had already chosen Exit row seats after the 19th. Seat assignments were changed to standard seats on those flights.
My exit rows seat selections are still there for April/May, let's see if/when I get kicked out.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
TK does not allow free exit row seats nor first row seats for Elites. Actually I suppose first rows are always assigned at the airport.
That was the case long ago with me yes.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:08 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
SAS as well
The major SAS devalution is in poits redemotions. Not in nominal price but in availabilty. As their program has a massive influx of points from non-flying activites while the only valuable redemption is award flights in premium class, the demand outclasses the supply by a factor "big".
E.g. for CPH-HND there is currently 4 flights in the next 330 days with an awardseat. So the easy to get points that nominally has a value are practically worthless as you hardly can't redeem them.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by intuition
The major SAS devalution is in poits redemotions.
I think eqm earnings was an even worse devaluation. Cheapest eco on their ultra long routes went from 4500 mi to 240
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
The major SAS devalution is in poits redemotions. Not in nominal price but in availabilty. As their program has a massive influx of points from non-flying activites while the only valuable redemption is award flights in premium class, the demand outclasses the supply by a factor "big".
E.g. for CPH-HND there is currently 4 flights in the next 330 days with an awardseat. So the easy to get points that nominally has a value are practically worthless as you hardly can't redeem them.
Thats why they added the best availability awards (i.e. cash tickets paid with points) into the award search already before corona. So there are plenty expensive awards available.

I noticed at new years eve that I had to burn 70k on that very day what a pain. These are the times I feel AY is not bad, even good.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator, SPG Gold
Ok, explains our HEL-AGP-HEL flights. For the departure in December I was able to select exit seats fine but there was a fee for the return flights late January. I thought it was yet another AY IT glitch but didn't have the time to call AY yet..

I think this is one of the small perks that actually benefit the airlines, happy to pay a bit for more for intra-Europe AY flight with the "free" (like airline status was free..) exit seats vs. perhaps cheaper flight on some other carrier.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by on22cz
they tell you on 1h flight that it's only coffee and tea available from the BOB menu.
Meanwhile Ryanair offers full BOB menu, duty free sales, and their signature scratchers on 1h flights.
Somewhere I posted pics of the meal on my 45 min bounce on TK which runs circles around what AY offers in any class, any flight. But your frame of reference (FR) is probably the more correct one, and AY still loses out to FR.

The only thing that keeps me flying AY is if they have direct flights in Europe with no alternative carrier (LON, BUD, etc) These last two years have been therapeutical with regards to flying - the less time I spend going wherever I want/need to be, the better. MRs are out

If transfers are needed anyway, anything SE of VIE is probably TK for me. West of VIE is up for grabs - LH, AF, KL, LO (!)

I don't know how I'll handle long hauls if/when Asia is open again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.