Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by kauppias
I would very much doubt it as that would require a complete reticketing as far as I understand it...
There are some cases where it worked before (i.e. cancellations), but this depends on CS current rule set how to deal with such cases.

In any other case I am with you.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jainzar
There are some cases where it worked before (i.e. cancellations), but this depends on CS current rule set how to deal with such cases.

yeah route cancellations would make sense that they honor promos 👍👍
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Talking

Originally Posted by xadria
Haven't found the answer to the "route change" yet. Is a route change "HEL-SIN" instead of "HEL-BKK" still eligible for the triple points promotion?
Originally Posted by kauppias
I would very much doubt it as that would require a complete reticketing as far as I understand it...
Originally Posted by Jainzar

Hi all, on something slightly similar, would like to ask if anyone knows whether a change in transit airport would affect eligibility for the triple points promo if origin and destination remain the same ? e.g. CGK - SIN - HEL - DFW changed to CGK - NRT - HEL -DFW?

long story short, one of the segments was changed by AY and am wondering if I could ask to be rebooked to transit via NRT instead of SIN with about 6x more KMs
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Hi all, on something slightly similar, would like to ask if anyone knows whether a change in transit airport would affect eligibility for the triple points promo if origin and destination remain the same ? e.g. CGK - SIN - HEL - DFW changed to CGK - NRT - HEL -DFW?

long story short, one of the segments was changed by AY and am wondering if I could ask to be rebooked to transit via NRT instead of SIN with about 6x more KMs
As long as you haven't accepted that change on the website or in the app, you should be able to get them to change the routing to your liking without affecting the promo. But since you have to do it with CS anyway, I would insist on this, since the change in the route was not initiated by you in the first place. Once they confirm, you should be good.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
As long as you haven't accepted that change on the website or in the app, you should be able to get them to change the routing to your liking without affecting the promo. But since you have to do it with CS anyway, I would insist on this, since the change in the route was not initiated by you in the first place. Once they confirm, you should be good.
Thank you for the advice. I have not yet accepted the changes on the website nor in the app.

Wanted to check with the forum before talking Customer Support. I am prepared to deal with not so helpful / proactive agents and to HUACA if I have to, but thought it best to check what I am actually able to get with more experienced flyers here first. Thank you again

I'll try asking CS and report back
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
As far as I know, the Asian segment wasn't eligible for the promotion, so the mileage gains may not be all that enormous. Also you should really ponder if transiting at NRT is a good idea at all. JP is still mostly closed, unlike SG.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:38 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Courmisch
As far as I know, the Asian segment wasn't eligible for the promotion, so the mileage gains may not be all that enormous. Also you should really ponder if transiting at NRT is a good idea at all. JP is still mostly closed, unlike SG.
Hi, thanks for chiming in!

For say a CGK - SIN - HEL - DFW itinerary, the 1st segment is code share and the 2nd and 3rd on AY metal. Yeah only the 2nd & 3rd segments are eligible for the 3x points promotion. Call me being greedy / petty but NRT is a good 5,000km further than SIN from CGK which makes it an extra 10,000km for my R/T.

I'm doing something of series of MRs to max point earnings, and since the schedule change came up, I figured I'd try (if its safe and logical) to squeeze in anymore KMs I could get

As far as I know, AY operates in East Asia out of
1) SIN,
2) BKK,
3) HKG,
4) ICN, and
5) NRT

I have seen connections being sold via NRT before and since the earnings for HEL to any of the 5 are fixed the same (12,000km) , I thought to go for the longest initial segment

If anyone feels I have left out something, I would appreciate the pointer(s). Again thanks for chiming in!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
Transiting in NRT is no problem at all, it's no fun, though at the moment since they have reduced lounges, even combining business and first in the same old first lounge which now is a zoo.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Any experiences on how long it takes for AY to fix errors in the 3x promo points posting?

I flew TLL-TLV in Economy Flex. The HEL-TLL legs posted correctly, but apparently the HEL-TLV legs were an O fare sold as economy plus, so they posted as 3x1000 instead of 3x3000 as they should have.

It's been about 2 weeks since I used the web form to request correction and slightly under 2 weeks since I was told a request for correction has been made.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
3x promotion changes

I have 2 return flights from ARN-JFK made in C, and I know I can change the dates to still get the 3x promo
miles! But Can I change the destination to ARN-hel-bkk instead and still earn 3xpromo? (only china was excluded in asia)
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader
I have 2 return flights from ARN-JFK made in C, and I know I can change the dates to still get the 3x promo
miles! But Can I change the destination to ARN-hel-bkk instead and still earn 3xpromo? (only china was excluded in asia)
As long as you keep your original booking reference and stay within the parameters of the promotion you should be good. I would confirm that with CS when doing the change, just to make sure and get something you can use later when double points are not granted.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Is it really possible to alter the reservation that much? It's a completely different routing and continent.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader

Miracles can happen but I sure would not think they would allow it as its a completely different trip..

Never hurts to try though someone allways wins the lottery right 😀
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
What should I expect on this promotion, I booked Stockholm - Bangkok but the actual route was ARN-HEL-BKK-HEL-ARN in hopes of double award points but was only awarded double on the first leg ARN-HEL and even wrong points for my booking class (classic points instead of flex) for the last leg HEL-ARN.

I chatted with CS 4 times and only on 4th time they said it is correct and has been double checked (can't believe the last leg points mistake made through double check). Now I opened a dispute/support case and probably have to wait a long time. Last leg of the travel was already more than one month ago.

The campaign was this:
Attached Images  
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If there is no fine print, then of course ARN-HEL-BKK should be eligible. But AY probably intended this to cover only nonstop longhauls ex-ARN, they just forgot to say so. Their campaign rules are always really vague and don't cover many of the possibilities that fliers book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.