Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AY LUMO
AY2059/2060 is 1000 points and one segment.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by florens
When booking Business Class, HEL-TLL books into B or Y class, so it'll credit as Economy.
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
If ticket type is Business then it credits as Business Class. Like domestic flights.
Yes but if ticket type ARN-OUL is Business, it's Business Class points. Those letters B Y K M. what ever, must be forgotten.
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Does this work now automatically? It used to credit as Y Flex, but you could request then to change the credit note to J.
AY and crap IT...what works automatically these days.
I booked MAD AY D HEL AY Y TLL in Business Classic.
MAD HEL posted as 8000 points + Gold bonus
HEL TLL posted as 2000 points + Gold bonus

Tuotetyyppi Airline Flight
TILITAPAHTUMAN KUVAUS
Lento mistä HEL Helsinki Vantaa
Lento mihin TLL Tallinna Lennart Meri
Lennon numero AY 1023
Markkinoija Finnair (AY)
Lipputyyppi Business Classic
Varausluokka Y
PISTEET
Palkintopisteet +2 300
Tasopisteet +2 300
Not sure if I got Economy Classic Points with the 100% Bonus Promo or if I got the Business Classic Points without the 100% Bonus Promo. In any case, I should have received Business Classic 2000 points + 2000 bonus + 15% Gold bonus, so 4600 points. I will write an email to the gold service team, perhaps they will reply before my qualification period ends in June!

I guess that is my last flight in Business Classic anyway, it just happened that Economy was not much cheaper than Business exceptionally, otherwise it is wiser to book Eco Flex, get 150% points, bags, fully refundable and changeable and upgrade with points/voucher.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
I booked MAD AY D HEL AY Y TLL in Business Classic.
MAD HEL posted as 8000 points + Gold bonus
HEL TLL posted as 2000 points + Gold bonus

Not sure if I got Economy Classic Points with the 100% Bonus Promo or if I got the Business Classic Points without the 100% Bonus Promo. In any case, I should have received Business Classic 2000 points + 2000 bonus + 15% Gold bonus, so 4600 points. I will write an email to the gold service team, perhaps they will reply before my qualification period ends in June!

I guess that is my last flight in Business Classic anyway, it just happened that Economy was not much cheaper than Business exceptionally, otherwise it is wiser to book Eco Flex, get 150% points, bags, fully refundable and changeable and upgrade with points/voucher.
MAD-HEL should be 4,000 points in business classic. With the 100% bonus promo that should credit as 8000 points.
HEL-TLL should be 1000 points in Y according to the ''Scheduled flight without a ticket type'' table on their website (no business class on this route). So with the 100% bonus that should credit as 2000 points

I don't know why your ''Ticket Type'' in your transaction details says ''business classic'' for the HEL-TLL segment, because for me in the past these intra-European business class flights with connections in Northern Europe didn't state a ticket type on the points transactions page. Instead it just showed the fare class. In your case it says Y. So you'd then go to: https://www.finnair.com/en/finnair-p...s-from-flights and you'll see that in the 2nd table next to ''Y'' it says you'd get 1000 points.

Comparing my similar flights with yours I am confident you got the right amount of points.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Jan 17, 2022 at 6:49 am
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
in the past these intra-European business class flights with connections in Northern Europe didn't state a ticket type on the points transactions page.
Forget the past.

Ticket type is Business Classic so HEL-TLL it brings 2000 points (plus tier bonus) plus campaign bonus.

And ticket type has nothing to do with real business class/one-class onboard.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Forget the past.

Ticket type is Business Classic so HEL-TLL it brings 2000 points (plus tier bonus) plus campaign bonus.

I got it corrected by customer service, so 2000*1.15*2 = 4600 points for HEL TLL in business classic ticket type including gold bonus and promo bonus.
What is more unusual is that I managed to chat within the app with a real "ihminen" to get this fixed!
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 8:03 am

Funny how this is still the case.

I had same problems in summer 2020 and my TKU business class flights had to fix manually like they did now with ranskis.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:21 am

Forget the past.

Whuut. Since when is this the case?
If so - I'll have to call CS because it's possible I have a couple of thousand points to claim. I wonder if they'll still let me though....
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
If so - I'll have to call CS because it's possible I have a couple of thousand points to claim. I wonder if they'll still let me though....
At least since they decided to put the % you earn into the booking process.

Retro claim is max 6 months.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 9:50 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32641945-post206.html

The new era started on 31MAR20 when AY told that points are credited by ticket types.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:18 pm

Thanks for sharing that! I do have some business 2020 flights that were credited incorrectly. Flights in the 2nd half of the year.
I wonder if CS would still fix it. But I can always try... hah
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:04 am

https://www.aurinkomatkat.fi/matkamessutarjoukset

Triple tier points bonus.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Well..triple of 1000 is 3000 for a return flight. For some those might be useful...
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by lento
Well..triple of 1000 is 3000 for a return flight. For some those might be useful...
500€ Packet to Canary Islands brings 500*3 and flights 625*2, so total 2750 tier points (Plat). Basic member, 2500 tier points.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Jan 20, 2022 at 3:33 am
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Triple to HKT might be useful, maybe a J booking 😏🤷‍♂️
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Finnair Plus -jäsenenä ansaitset taso- ja palkintopisteet triplana koko matkan hinnasta kun varaat Aurinkomatka-paketin, omatoimisen Kaupunkiloman tai Kotimaan matkan 25.1.2022 mennessä.
This would suggest its only from the EUR spent, not flights that are included?
Or is it again one of those campaign classic thing that no one knows for sure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.