Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Hasn't this status match been a thing for years?
Yes. I matched a few years ago.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Hasn't this status match been a thing for years?
Many years ago Sixt even had a pop-up booth in the lounge at HEL trying to rope in elite members, but I didn't know it was an ongoing affair. I just noticed it in a recent marketing email
r2d2 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Are these flights earning based on zones like ex. HEL, or based on distance?
Zones, like exHEL
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Dammit, booked yesterday and double points promo started midnight.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by emulator
Dammit, booked yesterday and double points promo started midnight.
It's only award double points.

Only new reservations made between 22 March 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+2) and 29 March 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 7 April–30 June 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes from Helsinki to *Amsterdam, Antalya, Berlin, Bologna, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dubrovnik, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gdansk, Gothenburg, Geneva, Hamburg, Krakow, Larnaca, London, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Naples, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Riga, Split, Stockholm, Tel Aviv, Tromso, Venice, Vienna, Vilnius, Verona, Warsaw, Zagreb and Zürich. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are Finnair Plus award points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/finnai...s-from-flights
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How do you know that? Eh, saw it says so on the promotion page.
But that's pretty useless.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair needs more cash.
10-40% bonus for points puchase between 22 and 25 march.
https://www.finnair.com/se-en/finnai...xchange-points

I wonder if award availability will stay low, that would be a double whammy. Get cash, don't let people use points.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I don't see any flight to Bangkok or Phuket on that link (after you click to book flights). Anyone else?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
Finnair needs more cash.
10-40% bonus for points puchase between 22 and 25 march.
https://www.finnair.com/se-en/finnai...xchange-points

I wonder if award availability will stay low, that would be a double whammy. Get cash, don't let people use points.
If they really need cash, they would top up the offer with tier points. This offer here will not have many takers, but still better than nothing for AY.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Jainzar
If they really need cash, they would top up the offer with tier points. This offer here will not have many takers, but still better than nothing for AY.
Agree this is a really meager offer, as there have been double points campaigns even before COVID. If they matched the campaign of December they would probably get new participants.
(If they on the other hand would top it, I doubt it would have much additional effect?)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I am not so sure any version of buy points will be a hit now.
At least not many seasoned members will buy - there is nothing to redeem on. And I think AY knows that, as the marketing promoted "use your points in the finnairshop". Who on earth would spend real cash to get points that can't be redeemed anywhere but in a closed finnairshop where prices are high and offer is low?
ffay005 and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Imo this time has been especially good for using points to award flights. I have found them only after covid since they give the flexibility needed. Also the -20 % promo of award flights after the +100% buy points promo was a tremendous combination: far from devaluation.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
40k points vs 130-150€ revenue booking (that's been flexible)? I booked with money those flights. As my fav destinations in Asia (all of Asia, alas) have been closed most of the covid time, long hauls were not an option for me to burn points (or money)
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by kanamurva
Imo this time has been especially good for using points to award flights. I have found them only after covid since they give the flexibility needed. Also the -20 % promo of award flights after the +100% buy points promo was a tremendous combination: far from devaluation.
Yes, you are right. It all comes down to what routes one is interested in. If you want to redeem on routes where Finnair likely will fly in the future and where they publish award seats, then awards are of course great value for those reason you mention.

On longhul though, there is first of all very few routes operating and on those routes awards are not easily come by. Much of what is published is only available from HEL and not from conneting flights
. And even in normal times Finnair goes only so far, so for me awards on partner airlines are important too. That has been a disaster with a booking engine that doesn't work, miscalculates taxes, shows phantom availability but fails to see what other airlines can book.
kanamurva likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
40k points vs 130-150€ revenue booking (that's been flexible)? I booked with money those flights. As my fav destinations in Asia (all of Asia, alas) have been closed most of the covid time, long hauls were not an option for me to burn points (or money)
It’s 30k nowadays intra-Europe but I see your point. With the -20% promo it was still worthwile… Hoping for another one to come.

And to add: my usual destination(s) always cost north of 200€.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.