Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
I also got the first longhauls done on the new seat, and for me, this new seat beats either of the old ones in pretty much everything.

Much better for sleeping, as well as lounging (just have to learn to move your body, not the seat). IFE screen also seems to have a better viewing angle; on the previous editions couldn’t see much when fully horizontal whereas this works well.

Privacy is on a totally another level compared to earlier models, which I like a lot.

However, as I mentioned before, I could see this seat as problematic for people with limited movement ability, but YMMV I guess.
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Ben from OMAAT tried the AY J seat and liked it.

https://onemileatatime.com/insights/...ss-class-seat/
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005

As I posted in the Höpö thread, the soft product was a different story. I can’t wait for his full report!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore

Everyone who don t have to pay for it will like it. I don t believe a word of what all this bloggers write. I was in journalism too long since I don t see that there is a certain kind of dependency.
florens and intuition like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Everyone who don t have to pay for it will like it. I don t believe a word of what all this bloggers write. I was in journalism too long since I don t see that there is a certain kind of dependency.
According to him, he never flies paid trips. And I doubt he’d be bashing the soft product if he was paid for the trip.

I understand the skepticism but the background must be taken into account.
ffay005, on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I agree with your view in general. However, in this case, Ben claims he always pays for his flights himself, either with points or cash. And he tries to be low-key on board. His reviews are actually credible, I think.

The only exception being when his husband gets special travel agency rates for hotels. In those cases the hotel reviews sometimes seem to leave a lot of things out.
petteriusa likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I agree with your view in general. However, in this case, Ben claims he always pays for his flights himself, either with points or cash. And he tries to be low-key on board. His reviews are actually credible, I think.

The only exception being when his husband gets special travel agency rates for hotels. In those cases the hotel reviews sometimes seem to leave a lot of things out.
Airlines I also think he is pretty low key and objective. But e.g. with Hyatt there is clearly a note against his World of Hyatt profile of who he is, and the benefits he gets are accordingly, and he seems quite oblivious (intentional or unintentional) to it. Indeed the same for the benefits they get on the travel advisor rates that his husband books.

But as with all reviewers of anything, if you are aware of their biases and keep them in mind, their reviews can be quite helpful.
ffay005 and LoungeEnthusiast like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
At least, he tries to be "independent" and "objective", though he is also a bit naive, that airlines don't know him and aren't aware, they have another F/J blogger on board of their flights. Add to that, he seems to be at top-level loyalty recognition for each alliance, so yeah, he gets the royal treatment anyway.

Having flown several stretches he recently blogged about, I largely agree with his experiences/writings, though I also notice him missing items or just outright wrong. So, his sketched world isn't perfect, though on the other hand, it gives a fair impression, etc.

Without having flown the new AY J seat myself (probably coming up in the next weeks), my photo-based impressions are the same, as he now writes, so, his conclusions don't surprise me.

I think, this AY J seat concept is going to have a great future, despite the concept having some serious long-term cleanliness issues. Not only the fart-cage, though also the "head-rest" area. Normally, we see a disposable/cleanable cover to keep the headrest itself clean, and this is nowhere to be seen.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by Cambo
Add to that, he seems to be at top-level loyalty recognition for each alliance, so yeah, he gets the royal treatment anyway.
Does he get that status by flying miles, or is he granted status?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Cambo
Add to that, he seems to be at top-level loyalty recognition for each alliance, so yeah, he gets the royal treatment anyway.
Royal treatment for elites doesn't sound plausible on the AY forum Or if the service AY gives to its elites is royal in Finland, we have to be happy that Finland didn't become a monarchy
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Just released, HKG will be next destination for new cabins, starting on 04AUG22
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by r2d2
Royal treatment for elites doesn't sound plausible on the AY forum Or if the service AY gives to its elites is royal in Finland, we have to be happy that Finland didn't become a monarchy
Well just the other week Sauli (Mr. President) fly in Y so I guess it is the ”royal / presidential” treatment…
r2d2 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:09 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Im really wanting to hear about the soft product because my experiences about it are not really great.
It feels like bare minimum treatment nowdays.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 6:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cpworld
Does he get that status by flying miles, or is he granted status?
More about lucky can be read here: One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

While normal journos have some standards (figleaf policies required by their hiolding companies), bloggers have none whatsoever. Regulations just require them to disclose if it was a paid-for-by-the-brand trip, even that some don't disclose.
mpkz likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jorma
Im really wanting to hear about the soft product because my experiences about it are not really great.
It feels like bare minimum treatment nowdays.
I'm not sure what you are expecting. I just flew on it. The service was friendly. The food was nothing special but it was fine. I pre ordered the seafood meal and it was good.

They had some champagne that people seemed to like but I don't drink the stuff so I have no idea. Their spirits menu was nothing special. No single malt scotch so I just drank water all flight and had a cup of green tea after dinner. Again, It was fine.

If you want a gourmet meal go to a nice restaurant. If you want to cross an ocean while sleeping in a lie flat, fly business class. I expect a gourmet meal on a plane about as much as I expect to enter a restaurant on one side of the ocean and leave on the other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.