Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL T2 opens

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
One good thing about the new combined check-in hall is that you are not forced to walk through the tax free shop after security anymore. And if you are going to the non-schengen gates then there is a shorter route to the left immediately after security (I think signed "transfers") which everyone can take if you know to ignore the signs.
Once in the non-schengen part it's easier to avoid the tax free shop there as well, the shortcut on the left is open all the time now rather than having roll down screens that only the staff and crew can open - no more being told off if you try to follow the crew through the shortcut.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by manywhere
Big food court coming to HEL

So, more dining and shopping. Will this be enough to get people flying again?
I would like there to be one good restaurant. Does anyone remember Mar Lodge where they had even special knifes for fish.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:08 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by riku2
One good thing about the new combined check-in hall is that you are not forced to walk through the tax free shop after security anymore. And if you are going to the non-schengen gates then there is a shorter route to the left immediately after security (I think signed "transfers") which everyone can take if you know to ignore the signs.
Once in the non-schengen part it's easier to avoid the tax free shop there as well, the shortcut on the left is open all the time now rather than having roll down screens that only the staff and crew can open - no more being told off if you try to follow the crew through the shortcut.
Still, there are gates from 5 to 19 to suffer from. And even pushy shops in between. Not mentioning the inconsiderate folks blocking the walkway there is supposed to be. But the good incentive are the two moving walkways, but occasionally blocked by the fanny packers.
FFlash, Ukki and manywhere like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I want airport to introduce a license to fly by passing an FTrs speed test…
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by manywhere
Big food court coming to HEL: https://www.finavia.fi/en/newsroom/2...lsinki-airport

So, more dining and shopping. Will this be enough to get people flying again?
Finavia will put out more notes "security, etc very crowded, please come 3-4 hrs earlier" and "while you have so much time at the airport, why not spend it at the restaurants?"

PS - this is no joke, they already do this, check their website

PS 2 - the BUD-HEL flight last Friday had 100% LF, so maybe time to go back to 2 dailies?
Steve_Hun and manywhere like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by nordic
I would like there to be one good restaurant. Does anyone remember Mar Lodge where they had even special knifes for fish.
No, but I remember steak knives at a CPH restaurant after security ... aviation safety first

Originally Posted by FFlash
I want airport to introduce a license to fly by passing an FTrs speed test…
According to Mrs Wilco I have a special, turbo speed level when I have my Rimowa behind me.
NoWindowSeat, intuition and aapee like this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
A head‘s up for those flying.

Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Do they close the priority queue in the evening, or is it open for midnight departures?
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Do they close the priority queue in the evening, or is it open for midnight departures?
I doubt there are any queues in the evening, say after 9pm, priority open or not?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by ffay005
AFAIK they close at 9 or 10 pm.

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I doubt there are any queues in the evening, say after 9pm, priority open or not?
On the contrary I've witnessed this summer massive queue in the evening due to late night asia departures and premium security being closed. Took more than 20 minutes to clear security at this "quiet" time.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by avermat
AFAIK they close at 9 or 10 pm.

On the contrary I've witnessed this summer massive queue in the evening due to late night asia departures and premium security being closed. Took more than 20 minutes to clear security at this "quiet" time.
20 minutes ”massive queue” in today’s airport world on the normal security? Ok😁

More than I expected, true, but now also the holiday season is closing and less families/unexperienced travelers with kids etc. around. They are really short on staff if they cannot handle whatever is left of the ”midnight wave..”
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
20 minutes ”massive queue” in today’s airport world on the normal security? Ok😁

More than I expected, true, but now also the holiday season is closing and less families/unexperienced travelers with kids etc. around. They are really short on staff if they cannot handle whatever is left of the ”midnight wave..”
Sure it's relative. During the midnight wave there's pretty much only connectin feeders and handful of other departures. For some OUL commuter it adds up significant portion of the total travel time when the airport is supposed to be at te quietest.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: AY LUMO
It's now Ryanair around midnight wave.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
They report this week massive queues but is it just pravda?
gonna fly today, connecting with The sustainable bus with 1:50hrs and wondering what mess to expect.
and ofc my dykwia status wants to get proper loundge time
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash
They report this week massive queues but is it just pravda?
gonna fly today, connecting with The sustainable bus with 1:50hrs and wondering what mess to expect.
and ofc my dykwia status wants to get proper loundge time
The priority queue has never had massive queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.