Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Passenger banned for 6 months for trying "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger banned for 6 months for trying "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
One has got to love the bashing of this guy. Please move on.
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Are there ID checks on domestic mainland Finnish flights nowadays?

Either way, if this rule-buster weren't putting his face out there in front of the media, his chances of being able to fly AY domestically would have been better and come sooner.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Luxair made a clear announcement that you may remove your mask for 15 minutes for eating and drinking.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Luxair made a clear announcement that you may remove your mask for 15 minutes for eating and drinking.
Problem solved.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:32 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are there ID checks on domestic mainland Finnish flights nowadays?

Either way, if this rule-buster weren't putting his face out there in front of the media, his chances of being able to fly AY domestically would have been better and come sooner.
No, no ID checks on domestic flights. He wanted publicity. Perhaps he now regrets it, dunno.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
On another note, two other half-idiots on ATR yesterday were bragging their Lumocard so stupidly yesterday that I wouldn’t be surprised the whole card being bashed for the worst of other cardholders. Whatever, my card is pretty useless these days anyhow, digo yo.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
On another note, two other half-idiots on ATR yesterday were bragging their Lumocard so stupidly yesterday that I wouldn’t be surprised the whole card being bashed for the worst of other cardholders. Whatever, my card is pretty useless these days anyhow, digo yo.
Curious, what happened? What's the tea?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Lumo card - how do they still have it?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
If they don't want people to take their masks off to eat, they need to ban eating. Otherwise instructions from the crew to not eat or not to eat too much become capricious and arbitrary. If you're going to let people eat, then you have to allow them to take off their mask to do so.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 8:25 am

Guy was probably employed as one of Finland's forest rakers...
miamiflyer8 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by flurb
Guy was probably employed as one of Finland's forest rakers...
Welcome to FT and AY+ forum, flurb!

I do hope Peuriz is doing his share raking the forest since it is essential to prevent bushfires!
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
No Effective Mask Compliance onboard

things still work well in Finland and with Finnair.

Miikka Peuravirta and his fans can fly these other airlines and leave the good ones like Finnair for the rest of us to enjoy.
r2d2, cistavoda and mpkz like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azmojo
If they don't want people to take their masks off to eat, they need to ban eating. Otherwise instructions from the crew to not eat or not to eat too much become capricious and arbitrary. If you're going to let people eat, then you have to allow them to take off their mask to do so.
I've flown quite a few flights and thus far have not had a flight attendant try to tell me to stop eating or something out of pure capriciousness. Usually it's the opposite.

On the other hand I've seen lots of people wear masks as chinstraps, take them off and claim not to have another etc. because they want to continue to travel as normal during a pandemic (i.e. because they are selfish).
r2d2 and SPBanker like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 3:55 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mpkz
I've flown quite a few flights and thus far have not had a flight attendant try to tell me to stop eating or something out of pure capriciousness. Usually it's the opposite.

On the other hand I've seen lots of people wear masks as chinstraps, take them off and claim not to have another etc. because they want to continue to travel as normal during a pandemic (i.e. because they are selfish).

I see this at work ALOT daily where people will have a mask on outside and once they get inside they take it off! Blows my mind how people's minds work.

But we come in all forms...
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by zxcv1
No Effective Mask Compliance onboard

things still work well in Finland and with Finnair.

Miikka Peuravirta and his fans can fly these other airlines and leave the good ones like Finnair for the rest of us to enjoy.
Now VR will require masks also, so he won't be able to get to Rovaniemi or Kolari that way either.
Steve_Hun and zxcv1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.