Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Passenger banned for 6 months for trying "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger banned for 6 months for trying "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 10:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/...ntalla/8070246

Someone tried the "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing and got a 6 month ban from AY. Good work from AY.
asnovici, Gnopps and Fims like this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz

Someone tried the "I'm eating" trick to avoid mask wearing and got a 6 month ban from AY. Good work from AY.
With some [Mod. edit] nuts he brought on the plane himself. I just wish that this would be a permanent ban.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 23, 2021 at 8:32 am Reason: FT Rule 16, to avoid profane, etc. content.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
[Mod. edit.] So called vapaan yhteiskunnan esitaistelija. Must be proud of himself.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Feb 23, 2021 at 8:33 am Reason: Per FT Rule 16 (barring profane, obscene, etc. content, even if disguised.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by elventhor
With some goddamn nuts he brought on the plane himself. I just wish that this would be a permanent ban.
This guy should fly SK instead since they are relaxed, as my test-the-system game back in December not only worked, it was encouraged by the FA.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Well, everyone is willing to execute this guy without knowing what really happened.on board. Relax.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Passenger refused to comply with crew instructions on board. He got sanctioned for insubordination. The crew performed as they should. In air, the crew is there for our safety, and not as trolley dolleys. In air, what they say is law. The only problem here is that this petty person who during a global pandemic did not follow crew orders regarding pandemic procedure didn't receive a longer ban. He had 20-30 bookings. I hope there will be no refunds. I admit, I also have been unmasked between champagne sips, but I immediately obeyed the crew orders about it.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Well, everyone is willing to execute this guy without knowing what really happened.on board. Relax.
Even his own videos explaining the situation make him look like a tool who decided that since Finnair had no specific rule about when you can take your mask off to eat, eating nuts the entire flight is fine. The guy took this version of events public thinking that he would come out looking good. In his videos, you can hear him talking to police who ask him things like "many other passengers think you were acting unreasonably, why would they say that if you weren't?"
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:18 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by mpkz

Multi-level marketing, QAnon conspiracy spouting fool. (One look at the guy's social media presence confirms this and more.) Kudos to AY.
asnovici and NoWindowSeat like this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
On the other hand such people don't deserve any attention... he must be happy every new channel featured him. Any PR is good PR.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I did see his facebook posts and his self-recorded video where he was telling what he was doing. I think that's enough for me to draw my conclusions.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I saw 3 medias reporting on this. I dont visit any Facebook personal accounts and judging who was wrong and who was right on OUL flight.

Many comments on this is bottomless need to judge and throw stones without any real information.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Passenger refused to comply with crew instructions on board. He got sanctioned for insubordination. The crew performed as they should. In air, the crew is there for our safety, and not as trolley dolleys. In air, what they say is law. The only problem here is that this petty person who during a global pandemic did not follow crew orders regarding pandemic procedure didn't receive a longer ban. He had 20-30 bookings. I hope there will be no refunds. I admit, I also have been unmasked between champagne sips, but I immediately obeyed the crew orders about it.
Agreed. The crew is in charge of everything going on so the correct course of action is to do what you are told and then complain after landing. If you have actually been violated I'm sure there are ways of pursuing justice.
Eating take away salad (the solid kind) yesterday on the way back from OUL and no problems at all. As others in the thread have already noted, that guy seems like an idiot and not in the good FT-sense.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Agreed. The crew is in charge of everything going on so the correct course of action is to do what you are told and then complain after landing. If you have actually been violated I'm sure there are ways of pursuing justice.
My thoughts exactly.

I was not on board this flight. I don't know what actually happened. But I do know that when you're on board an aircraft, you do as the crew tells you to. Anyone who flies a lot should know that.You can raise an argument after the flight if you feel like it.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Now the case is all over the Finnish media, with the tabloids making fun of him, including interviewing him with questions that aim to make him lose his temper (once again).

At least his comments after the case should be worth a permanent flight ban. He e.g. promised to get the FA fired and that in the future he will fly first class and make the FA's lick his toes.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Its amazing what people think is acceptable on planes 🤦‍♂️ I am sure he will reconsider his actions when he's on the train or driving weekly 😄😄

I did wonder if this was a drunken moment or just a plain
dum dum moment 🤣🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.