Wiki Posts
Search

AY website booking error ?!??

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
AY website booking error ?!??

Dear all - am trying to book for next year a multi city on line. Nothing complicated (LHR-BKK-HKG-LHR) I have the flights required & price, I give all pax details and then I get a page telling me : “Generic Error (15079-421)”

Any advice/ideas what I’m doing wrong??!

cheers.
Old May 13, 2020, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Trying to use the AY website? It's accepted wisdom in these parts, that the AY website is coded by elementary school kids, doing their 1 week obligatory workplace experience. Oh, wait, no, they would code better

Try the chat function on the website - give them the flights you want, they can book it for you and you'll be sent a payment link valid for 5 (?) hours. I've done it a few times, works also for semi-complicated bookings.
Old May 13, 2020, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Yes AY website. This is error message. Guess it will be a call to AY !!!!
Old May 13, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN

Yes AY website. This is error message. Guess it will be a call to AY !!!!
perhaps try the AY app or another browser. or just Call AY they pickup fairly fast these days
Old May 13, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Are you trying to book BKK-HKG on CX on the same itinerary? Might be the culprit. Open jaws are not the forte of the AY booking engine.
Old May 13, 2020, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Are you trying to book BKK-HKG on CX on the same itinerary? Might be the culprit. Open jaws are not the forte of the AY booking engine.
Yes it’s a CX operated flight under an AY code (AY5104) in same itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.