Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
...but now Finnair thinks that is far too long time to spend in Italy, so they have rebooked us on Sunday morning out and inbound, with return on the same plane, with 1h10min in Milan - at the airport The algorithm they use really is state-of-the-art! ...
Wow, they are really on to us now!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I'm a little surprised that the algorithm advanced the return flight. In my experience, it always just picks the next flight. But I'm not sure what you expect anyway? If the algorithm would just delete the segments, you wouldn't be able to rebook with MMB, so it would be worse.

For that matter, it's a little bit stupid that you can't cancel flights on MMB when there is an unacknowledged time change, but that's no fault of the rebooking logic.
How about this algorithm... HEL-BRU rescheduled a day earlier, but the inbound long-haul segment still intact. 😁

LENTO
AY 100
LÄHTÖ
00:25
MISTÄ:
HONG KONG

SAAPUMINEN
06:00
MINNE:
HELSINKI

LENTO
AY 1545 LÄHTÖ
17:40
MISTÄ:
HELSINKI

SAAPUMINEN
19:20
MINNE:
BRYSSEL
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
How about this algorithm... HEL-BRU rescheduled a day earlier, but the inbound long-haul segment still intact. 😁
Ask AY if they will provide you with positioning for these.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Cost cutting is raw::

• In Economy Class, during September, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cheese sandwich. We, unfortunately, can’t offer options for special diets.
  • In Economy Class, during October, you can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, juice and water and a cookie. You can also pre-order one of the four delicious sandwiches that we offer.
Delicious complimentary cookie replacing delicious complimentary cheese sandwich.
the810 and florens like this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
High class culinary set, that is.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Cost cutting is raw::

Delicious complimentary cookie replacing delicious complimentary cheese sandwich.
Perhaps I'm a minority here, but I have always found the sandwiches delicious. On a recent business leg ex-HEL I was brought two of them from the Y cabin as I was allergic to the main dish and AY had ignored my meal request even though it was made 7+ days before. The purser said meal requests should go through for ex-HEL if made 24h before departure. Perrier + Y sandwich = why not.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Perhaps I'm a minority here, but I have always found the sandwiches delicious. On a recent business leg ex-HEL I was brought two of them from the Y cabin as I was allergic to the main dish and AY had ignored my meal request even though it was made 7+ days before. The purser said meal requests should go through for ex-HEL if made 24h before departure. Perrier + Y sandwich = why not.
Well the sandwiches are not bad. But let's not give AY any ideas about replacing proper meals (and special meals!) with them...
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Lumo gets free sandwich anyway.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Lumo gets free sandwich anyway.
Doesn't apply to pre-order sandwiches, does it?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Someone here suggested this earlier and now Finnair has announced they will offer COVID testing:

https://news.cision.com/finnair/r/fi...llers,c3196268

A 15% elite tier discount apply!
ffay005 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So what will happen if the test comes out positive before departure?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Perhaps I'm missing something in your question? If you are testing because that is part of entry requirement at destination a positive test means you won't go. If you fail to take the test, you won't go. Only if you take the test and it is negative you can go.
It's like a pre-clearance thing.
The positive thing with this offered by Finnair&partner is that it reduces the trouble getting the right test in the right time.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Do you loose your ticket if test is positive as you can't change dates last minute?
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Do you loose your ticket if test is positive as you can't change dates last minute?
This. While it's a good thing that AY cooperates with Terveystalo and guarantees results in time and even a discount, as long as you lose your ticket, it won't encourage people to book.

DXB might very well require a test result throughout the winter schedule, and if AY wants to operate, and AM wants to sell holidays, then there has to be some kind of guarantee that either promises your money back if the result is positive, or at least lets you postpone your trip without a penalty.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Don't even want to imagine how many points they will charge for this. Putting 3 tiers into the same basket again isn't so smart either. AY should be looking at finding innovative ways to attract masses to spend money with them with confidence, while nurturing loyal customers. Instead, they have come up with a very niche offer that even shows increased loyalty makes no difference.

"Most convenient way to get a referral for traveller's coronavirus certificate is via Nurse chat 24/7 service in Oma Terveys app. The price of an electric certificate is 40 € (referral included) and the paper certificate costs 54 € (referral included). The paper certificate can be collected from Terveystalo´s clinic. The coronavirus test itself is 235 €."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.