Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
no problem!
Sustainability department has already come up with a number of things that can be sold onboard. None of the items releases extra co2.

Ordinary plat-talk: 5€
heartwarm plat talk: 10 €
plat-chat-deluxe: 15€

being asked meal preference first: 10€
actually getting the meal chosen above: +10€

1 hour of no nagging about putting mask on: 5€
entire flight nag-free: 50€ (30€ for plats, free of charge for lumos)
finally some lumo benefits 😀🤪
intuition, FFlash and on22cz like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
No problem!
Sustainability department has already come up with a number of things that can be sold onboard. None of the items releases extra CO2.

Ordinary Plat-talk: 5€
Heartwarm plat talk: 10 €
Plat-chat-deluxe: 15€

Being asked meal preference first: 10€
Actually getting the meal chosen above: +10€

1 hour of no nagging about putting mask on: 5€
Entire flight nag-free: 50€ (30€ for plats, free of charge for lumos)
Delivering the promise, 10€ lol
sounds like Lumo waiver is due to mouth open all the time anyway for consumables 😁
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
I honestly dont understand why ay at a time they NEED MONEY and EXTRA REVENUE dont sell onboard! Even short route every other airline manages to sell but ay cant? Ok Tallinn I can understand but the rest surely possible.... even for ay...

They could sell it as a job saving measure if unions push back about extra work?

They could easily also try a presell feature, easily pintable on BP for instance making it super fast and easy onboard no need for cash or cards.... Just saying one euro more from each pax adds up... my commercial side coming out again 😀😀😀 but does NOT seem like they want to gain more...
No no no.. Too good ideas. Better idea is to cut services and raise prices.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by joorinainen
No no no.. Too good ideas. Better idea is to cut services and raise prices.
Yeah like 4500€ J to BKK 🤪🤪🤪

Seems like a good deal 😏
Old Apr 29, 2022, 5:58 am

Seems like a good deal 😏
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Seems like a good deal 😏
Even better: The only day in the forseeable future on SIN-route that had a upgrade seat available offered lowest Y fare well above 1000€.

"You wanna use your free upgrades?! Better cough up some serious dow first!"
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by intuition; Apr 29, 2022 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:44 am

Even better: The only day in the forseeable future on SIN-route that had a upgrade seat available offered lowest Y fare well above 1000€.

"You wanna use your free upgrades?! Better cough up some serious dow first!"
heh indeed...

I am stuck now between only bad choices 😁😁😁
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
We all know that AY has become stingy and does not follow EC261 when they make schedule changes / cancellations and you have an award ticket where you want to change the dates from what they auto-assign you after they've cancelled your original flights.

But what about paid bookings? Has anyone experienced problems rescheduling those? It used to be very easy, and I have an upcoming reservation where they have made substantial changes. Now I'm wondering if I can just drag it forward by a few months and add overnight layovers at HEL (less than 24 hours) without problem (and extra costs).
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
We all know that AY has become stingy and does not follow EC261 when they make schedule changes / cancellations and you have an award ticket where you want to change the dates from what they auto-assign you after they've cancelled your original flights.

But what about paid bookings? Has anyone experienced problems rescheduling those? It used to be very easy, and I have an upcoming reservation where they have made substantial changes. Now I'm wondering if I can just drag it forward by a few months and add overnight layovers at HEL (less than 24 hours) without problem (and extra costs).
Both a mate and I have paid bookings from BKK-UK, his first leg used, mine unused and both made about September/October last year.

I'm due to fly this week (originally January) and have twice made changes with no problems, both times via chat, since the Ukraine issue caused changes.

My mate has made several changes on line and is now due to fly in a few months (originally late last year). His initial changes were done on line pre Ukraine issue, but he's lost that ability now so will have to go through chat. All have been pretty smooth though once connected.
ffay005 and mpkz like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Skybistro is back since ~two weeks ago on Finnatr >=1h flights.
r2d2, florens and kauppias like this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Both a mate and I have paid bookings from BKK-UK, his first leg used, mine unused and both made about September/October last year.

I'm due to fly this week (originally January) and have twice made changes with no problems, both times via chat, since the Ukraine issue caused changes.

My mate has made several changes on line and is now due to fly in a few months (originally late last year). His initial changes were done on line pre Ukraine issue, but he's lost that ability now so will have to go through chat. All have been pretty smooth though once connected.
Is this a normal change of flights i.e. non-EC261 related, or an actual EC261 issue about getting rerouted for free? I believe you are describing the former (and unrelated) case - is this correct? If the latter, then there are data points of Finnair actively and intentionally refusing to follow EC261 especially when it costs them money. The only option is then to retain the original ticket letting it become a no-show, buy a new ticket and seek reimbursement for the new ticket and other costs from Finnair later through courts. EC261 says that if the airline refuses to honour its obligation to reroute they must then reimburse these costs, but forcing customers to sue Finnair for this is dirty play and has lowered my personal valuation of this airline.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zxcv1
If the latter, then there are data points of Finnair actively and intentionally refusing to follow EC261 especially when it costs them money.
But do we have data points where a customer on revenue ticket just wants to pick new AY flights and is denied?

I mean, if someone is flying SYD-LHR and AY retimes everything, then those non-AY flights become a problem. But if it is, say, BKK-LHR all on AY and pax just wants to pick new AY flights (not reroute on a different carrier), is that also a problem?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

DFW-HEL: in Y, 9 pax have chosen to wear a face mask, one of them keeps his mask below nose and mouth. No FAs with masks.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
DFW-HEL: in Y, 9 pax have chosen to wear a face mask, one of them keeps his mask below nose and mouth. No FAs with masks.
What was the overall load on that flight?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

J has one empty seat. Y is less than one third full, very light.

At OLCI at T-24, the J seatmap showed about half the seats as taken. Either there are many codeshare pax or upgrades have cleared last minute.
petteriusa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.