Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
From a friend. HEL-BKK Y meal.

Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
A bit OT: are the health aunties now lurking flyers as I am getting invites to coronatests without asking? Done some crisscrossing EU now and came to think….
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by FFlash
A bit OT: are the health aunties now lurking flyers as I am getting invites to coronatests without asking?
Yes, with special focus on MUC and FRA flights, as most of pax from SA connects in Germany (Reported by STT, quote from Timo Aronkytö, deputy mayor of Vantaa).
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by FFlash
A bit OT: are the health aunties now lurking flyers as I am getting invites to coronatests without asking? Done some crisscrossing EU now and came to think….
I was surprised yesterday at how quickly they were to put up signs that you have to test if coming from these countries + frequent announcements.

Though after landing at 11pm no health auntie was interested to check our docs at all, everyone was waved through.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by temppa
Yes, with special focus on MUC and FRA flights, as most of pax from SA connects in Germany (Reported by STT, quote from Timo Aronkytö, deputy mayor of Vantaa).
This probably only means LH flights, I would assume, and not AY. OTOH, aren't everyone banning flights from South Africa right now, so there should be no LH flights from ZA to DE?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:46 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by ffay005
This probably only means LH flights, I would assume, and not AY. OTOH, aren't everyone banning flights from South Africa right now, so there should be no LH flights from ZA to DE?
That is my understanding, CNN was reporting BA to push PAX to LH flights at South Africa to be able to avoid/escape isolation at UK arrival. I belive now all EU/ZA direct flights being canceled.

Reuters reporting 10% positive COVID rate at AMS on pax arriving ZA.
mpkz likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by temppa
Reuters reporting 10% positive COVID rate at AMS on pax arriving ZA.
Fortunately, none have symptoms. Even YLE finally reported that Omikron spreads rapidly but people go symptom-free or have very light symptoms, so the virus is developing just as it's expected to.

Krista and Sanna should send us all to CPT for a weekend, that would bring Omikron to Finland en masse and drive out Delta – end of covid story.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
Fortunately, none have symptoms. Even YLE finally reported that Omikron spreads rapidly but people go symptom-free or have very light symptoms, so the virus is developing just as it's expected to.

Krista and Sanna should send us all to CPT for a weekend, that would bring Omikron to Finland en masse and drive out Delta – end of covid story.
Do you have other source than YLE? I'd appreciate it
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:06 pm

Is this a real Christmas gift!? 🙂
According to SA experts the symptoms are "extremly mild". So yes, maybe Krista and Sanna should offer all FT volunteers a free ticket to SA so we can bring home this highly contagious but extremely mild strain.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joey73
Do you have other source than YLE? I'd appreciate it
You've probably googled it yourself by now, but here's The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-vaccination

There's a statement from Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, saying the cases are "extremely mild". That's, of course, self-evident as all these cases have emerged because of pretravel testing, meaning people are symptomless.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Anyone with any experience with BKK check in lately? Is it a complete zoo or relatively normal given that there arent as many documents to check leaving Thailand as entering it? I am not trying to get to the airport tooo soon later this week.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

No experience from BKK, but in general, AY outstation check-in has been a bit slower than usually because non-Finnish citizens will need to have their covid documents verified. It's nothing major, though. If you're at the airport 90 minutes before departure, you shouldn't have any problems.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold
You've probably googled it yourself by now, but here's The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-vaccination

There's a statement from Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association, saying the cases are "extremely mild". That's, of course, self-evident as all these cases have emerged because of pretravel testing, meaning people are symptomless.
thx ffay005
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Anyone with any experience with BKK check in lately? Is it a complete zoo or relatively normal given that there arent as many documents to check leaving Thailand as entering it? I am not trying to get to the airport tooo soon later this week.
7 days ago no queue really, not at priority and not at economy check in.

Nothing is really open after security. Lounge is open though. If u have status I would suggest to go to JAL Sakura lounge, they have great food selection!

mcgahat likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
7 days ago no queue really, not at priority and not at economy check in.

Nothing is really open after security. Lounge is open though. If u have status I would suggest to go to JAL Sakura lounge, they have great food selection!

Thanks for the report. That dark hallway photo looked pretty scary though!
EuroFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.